This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Shot

Does anyone know if it is possible to notify homeseer when a bluetooth phone is ringing? Or possibly pass caller ID information to Homeseer when ringing?

I'm not sure how I could do this... This is an interesting question, and I'll have a look...

Maybe I could try to emulate a BT headset, and the plugin would get a ringing message ?
    --
    stipus

Comment

Now that would be sexy!

Comment

This feature would be sooooooooo nice. I can't tell you the times I havn't heard my cell phone ring becuase I was in another room, or listening to music too loud. If I could detect it ringing, then I could mute the music or whatever.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Why not use something like this?

www.smarthome.com/50610.html
          and
          www.smarthome.com/50610b.html

Althought, I suppose if the BT plugin does it...maybe this hardware isn't necessary...? But if it can't do it, this is probably a good solution.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
            This feature would be sooooooooo nice. I can't tell you the times I havn't heard my cell phone ring becuase I was in another room, or listening to music too loud. If I could detect it ringing, then I could mute the music or whatever.

Yes I agree...I would be great to get the call announced over the HS system. Killer feature!

Comment

the only drawback, is now you would have announcments around the house, but would have to run to find the phone.

If you had that hardware, just install phones around the house on POTS wire, however DISCONNECTED from POTS, then this acts as your POTS by tunneling the bluetooth voice...

I thought it was neat, until I wanted to buy more UPB, so I had to make a choice as to HOW I was going to buy stuff for the house.

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
              X