This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Remote Desktop

I think that I figured my problem with the btstack. I run homeseer on a machine that does not have monitor/keyboard. It sits in a closet near my patch panel. I use remote desktop connection to connect to it through my network.

I first had problems with the belkin dongle. I replaced it with a linksys dongle. I observed with both, that everything works fine, until I use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to the computer. A few minutes after I connect/disconnect, the BT software blows up (linksys) and used 100% CPU (belkin).

Any idea why remote desktop does not play nice with BT.

I have no idea.... maybe it's a security feature... bluetooth is turned off when there is no-one logged on ?

You could try to use VNC.
    Last edited by stipus; March 4, 2007, 06:10 AM.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
      I have no idea.... maybe it's a security feature... bluetooth is turned off when there is no-one logged on ?

You could try to use VNC.
      With the Linksys software BT gets a fatal error that blows up the software. With Belkin, the BTSTAC~1.EXE took 100% of the cpu. It only happens after I log into the computer and disconnect, bring the connection back to the console (to keep the speaker working). Must be somethink to do with bringing the services from the remote computer to the client and back. Anyway, I will try to use rlogin or VNC to see it those work.

Comment

Working...
      X