This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really depends on the phones.

Some phones shut down Bluetooth discovery after a few minutes to save power.

This is why the plugin has many different polling methods. You may try another if this happens with your phone.

There is also the "Lost confirm" parameter, that you may want to increase: sometimes the phone wakes up every minute or so to send a BT discovery packet... and in this case this parameter set to 3 or more can help to prevent flapping devices.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Vista connector

I'm getting the following error with the BT connector running vista
      Attached Files

Comment

Please copy the new set of dlls (post #21) to the client computer homeseer 2 directory.
        --
        stipus

Comment

That did it

Thanks, it works great and I love seing the messages.

Comment

A question and a feature request

Question: I turn my phone off & on to test the BT connector. While I'm polling my phone every 10 seconds, and I see lots of lets say the "on" messages, it takes several minutes before the HS device changes status. Shouldn't it change status on the 1st or second poll that changes the device?

Feature request: I noticed that when I polled my phone every 10 seconds, my battery life goes from 4 days to about 18 hours. Not a great result. What I would like to see is an option to slow down the polling if the device is currently "seen". That way, it would be found fast if it were away, but wouldn't kill the battery.

I haven't played that much with the poll settings to see what magic number won't kill my battery (it's the optional big battery).

Thanks, this is cool. Would like to figure out what the problem is in the above question.

Comment

Originally posted by Blinder View Post
              Question: I turn my phone off & on to test the BT connector. While I'm polling my phone every 10 seconds, and I see lots of lets say the "on" messages, it takes several minutes before the HS device changes status. Shouldn't it change status on the 1st or second poll that changes the device?
              This depends on the "Lost confirm" device parameter. If this parameter is set to 0 or 1, the homeseer device should change status as soon as a poll cycle detects the bluetooth device is away.

Feature request: I noticed that when I polled my phone every 10 seconds, my battery life goes from 4 days to about 18 hours. Not a great result. What I would like to see is an option to slow down the polling if the device is currently "seen". That way, it would be found fast if it were away, but wouldn't kill the battery.

I haven't played that much with the poll settings to see what magic number won't kill my battery (it's the optional big battery).
              This depends on the polling-mothods you are using. Auto-discovery uses less energy than the DiscoverServices and ConnectServices poll methods.

Thanks, this is cool. Would like to figure out what the problem is in the above question.
              --
              stipus

Comment

The developper of the Bluetools library released a new version 1.21 build 818 with some additional bugs fixed.

Here are the files (attached).

You just have to shutdown HomeSeer, and copy these new DLLs to the HomeSeer 2 directory (overwrite old files).

If you are using the Bluetooth client from remote computers, you can update as well.

Please send me feedback, so that I can release a new version to the updater.
                Last edited by stipus; January 15, 2008, 08:21 AM.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                  The developper of the Bluetools library released a new version 1.21 build 818 with some additional bugs fixed.

Here are the files (attached).

You just have to shutdown HomeSeer, and copy these new DLLs to the HomeSeer 2 directory (overwrite old files).

If you are using the Bluetooth client from remote computers, you can update as well.

Please send me feedback, so that I can release a new version to the updater.
                  Hi Stipus,

I overwrote the files in HS2 directory and now get this message on startup and init of the BT connector. Should I be re-registering a file or something? Not sure what needs correcting. Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Phil
                  16/01/2008 12:12:24 AM - Error - Initializing interface: BT Connector->Could not load file or assembly 'Franson.BlueTools.200, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d529d3eaea61b0c3' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Comment

Thanks for the report.

I'll check if I didn't mix something. Meanwhile I removed the attachement.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

[EDIT] duplicate msg.
                      Last edited by stipus; January 15, 2008, 09:15 AM.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

[EDIT] duplicate post
                        Last edited by stipus; January 15, 2008, 09:23 AM.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

OK. I found I also need to release a new version of the main plugin DLL, as the new Bluetools DLL are not compatible with the old plugin dll...

I'm working on this. Will release a new version soon.

Meanwhile you can redownload old dlls from post #21
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

I sent a new complete version to the updater.

I checked here on 3 computers... should be fine.

I'll tell you as soon as it's available.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

New version V2.45.2.2 is now available through the HomeSeer updater.

This new version uses the latest version of the Bluetools library.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Stipus,

To update remote clients do we just run the client installer again?

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Working...
                                X