This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Connector V2.45.2.2 + Bluetooth Client posted

The new version V2.45.2.2 of the Bluetooth Connector plugin is available for download through the HomeSeer updater.

Change log since V0.42.2.2:

- Version number now starts with 2.x
    - Uses an updated Bluetooth library (Bluetools V1.21.818)
    - The Web configuration interface looks better
    - If you click on a Bluetooth device in the main HomeSeer status page, you can see bluetooth signal strength from each client.
    - The Bluetooth Client has been fixed to work on Vista.
    - The Bluetooth Client can now be easily installed on remote computers using a Windows Installer file.
    - If you have several Bluetooth networks, the default boolean expressions are now initialized properly.
    - Scanning from Bluetooth Clients has been improved.

Features:

- The plugin is compatible with the Microsoft XP SP2 Bluetooth stack, and with the Widcomm stack (v1.4.2.10 or later). It is not compatible with IVT, BlueSoleil or Toshiba BT stacks.

- Bluetooth device presence detection. You can configure different device values and device strings for away/detected.

- Bluetooth device signal strength (with the Widcomm Bluetooth stack). You can configure different device values and strings according to signal strength.

- An optionnal Bluetooth Client can collect bluetooth presence and signal strength from remote computers, and communicate its findings to the main plugin.

- With several long range Bluetooth dongles, the plugin allows you to triangulate the position of your Bluetooth devices.

- Web configuration interface for all parameters.

How to install the Bluetooth Client on a remote computer

- Once the plugin is installed, you can find a SetupBluetoothClient.msi Windows installer file in your main HomeSeer computer HomeSeer 2 directory.

- You have to copy this file to a remote computer and run it.

- The speaker Client must be installed on the remote computer (but does not need to be running).
    Last edited by stipus; January 17, 2008, 04:22 PM.
    --
    stipus

Stipus,

Does this have an MSI for client installs?

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Yes it does. This is in the "change log", and in the "how to install client" sections above. And the client also works on Vista.
      --
      stipus

Comment

cool thanks Stipus.

Comment

I don't know when it's going to be available though.

I sent a new version of the SIP Connector several days ago, and it's still not available. It's usualy done in the next few hours.

I have found many "Happy Thanksgiving" messages on the board... so I searched wikipedia about it, and now I think I know what's happening.

In the United States, Thanksgiving Day, always a Thursday, is part of four- or five-day long weekend which usually marks a pause in school and college calendars. Many workers (78% in 2007) are given both Thanksgiving and the day after as paid holidays, and others with leave benefits are allowed to take a vacation day.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-0>[1]</SUP> The day after Thanksgiving is promoted as the unofficial holiday of Black Friday...
          --
          stipus

Comment

The Bluetooth Connector V2.44.2.2 is now available from the HomeSeer updater.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Now I can get my BT connector back and running....kewl...its been a long time for me since I used this plugin due to the lack of Vista support....so thanks Stipus for the Vista Support. I am looking forward to getting it all back and running.

Comment

Bluetooth Connector 2.44.2.2

I have got the Client working great detects my phone ok

I would now like to get the server to detect the same device and another device but it will not see the devices on the BT connector configuration page but it will pair up ok on the microsoft bluetooth setup.

Do I need to run the client setup file on the server as well?

Comment

No you don't need to run the client on the server.

The plugin has an embedded client, and *should* see the devices, as the remote client do.

I don't undesrtand what's happening. Are you certain the Bluetooth Network 0 is enabled in the plugin configuration page ?
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Bluetooth Connector

Yes both network 0 and 1 are enabled.

Below is the log entry after i run the client, looks like its network 0 is for the remote client PC, is that correct?

28/11/2007 20:12:22 Info Remote client connected from: 192.168.1.11
                    28/11/2007 20:12:22 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network0 registered.
                    28/11/2007 20:12:28 Info Event Trigger "Phone Detected"
                    28/11/2007 20:12:28 Info Speak ():hello

Comment

Network0 should always be the main HS Server.

Can you send me your config/hspi_bt.ini file to stipus at stipus dot com

TIA,
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Not able to detect bluetooth device

When I try to scan for a new device I get an runtime error so I am not able to configure the plug in

Server Error in '/' Application.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
                        Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
                        <system.web>
                        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
                        </system.web>
                        </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
                        <system.web>
                        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
                        </system.web>
                        </configuration>

Comment

Can you try to click the SCAN button with a web browser on the HS Server, so that I can get the real error message ?
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

That was a copy and paste how would you like me to get it to you? I have tried to upload Doc1.doc
                            Attached Files

Comment

The message says: "The error message is hidden because you are not browsing from the server".

You must open an Internet explorer on the homeseer server (the internet explorer process has to run on the server itself) so that the real error message is shown.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Working...
                              X