Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stipus, I don't remember that I installed a new set of Bluetools dlls from the forum.

Let me add that I'm using a HomeTroller and when you install something in the operating system, you need to force the writing in the drive C: where the OS is protected, and I remembered that your bluetooth plug-in didn't work the first time I upgraded it and I should re-installed the plug-in, forced the writing and rebooted, and after worked ok but with the problem in the signal strength.

So, IMHO, your plug-in may be installed something in the operating system and modified the signal strength... I remembered in this post that you mentioned something about the use of a new set of libraries to build this new plug-in.

I'm wondering if I un-install everything from my HT, including your plug-in, and after re-install everything, including the previous version of your plug-in, it could work ok.

Would you explain me how to un-install your plug-in from my HomeTroller?

Thanks in Advance, Pablo

Comment

I really don't understand how a different plugin version could have changed the bluetooth signal strength.

Are you sure you didn't move the Bluetooth dongle or put a new device close to the dongle that may interfere with the signal ?

However, to remove the plugin:

- Disable the plugin in HomeSeer / Setup / Interfaces
      - Shutdown homeseer
      - Remove HomeSeer 2\hspi_bt.dll
      - Remove HomeSeer 2\Franson.bluetools.dll
      - Remove HomeSeer 2\Bluetools*.dll (3 files)
      - Remove HomeSeer 2\html\hspi_bt (whole directory)
      - Remove HomeSeer 2\html\BIN\hspi_bt.dll

You may also want to remove HomeSeer 2\config\hspi_bt.ini and .lf
      --
      stipus

Comment

Stipus,

I was thinking...IF I can find a virtual machine (VMWare, or the Microsoft version) which will allow me to use USB...do you think that I should be able to use two USB dongles on ONE PC?

As, your software would need to be installed on BOTH machines (the server and as many clients as I have dongles for).

If this is the case, and I can get it working well, is there a specific version of your BT Connector that you think I should be using?

Or just get whatever is the latest from the Updater?

Keep in mind, my walls for my new home will be going up next Tuesday...so I am also open for OTHERS to try this as well!

Telefragger, that means you!! (as I know you already are using VM software).

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I never tried this, but I think it's a good idea.

If you can have one bluetooth dongle available in each virtual machine, it should work.

However, I'm not sure if you can have one virtual machine with only the first dongle available, and a second virtual machine with only the second dongle available.

Because I think the Bluetooth library would only catch the first dongle found on the virtual machine.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Good thoughts...

I would imagine that upon "boot" of the Vm, it would need to know HOW to grab that particular device.

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Hi Stipus

Will it be possible to have the plugin running on a machine without bluetooth and only use the client on different other blutooth enabled machines?

Thanks,

Mav

Comment

Yes it's possible.
                --
                stipus

Comment

A new version of the plugin has been posted here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=130876

Best regards,

stipus
                  --