This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not get second device to work ?

I have a Linksys USBBT100 long range Bluetooth dongle working very well with my Iphone (best electronic device I have ever owned). I get a signal level of -6 or greater in most places in my house. This is a great plug-in with a lot of capability for useful automation.

My problem is when I enable my Wife's phone both work for awhile then both show no signal. Do I have something setup wrong ?

Log file shows:

"12/20/2007 7:37:21 PM ~!~BT Debug~!~Error while polling Motorola Phone: A service discovery is already pending
    12/20/2007 7:37:21 PM ~!~BT Debug~!~Polling Motorola Phone (Method=DiscoverService) on Network0 returned signal strength=-2147483648
    12/20/2007 7:37:31 PM ~!~BT Debug~!~Error while polling John's iPhone: A service discovery is already pending
    12/20/2007 7:37:31 PM ~!~BT Debug~!~Polling John's iPhone (Method=DiscoverService) on Network0 returned signal strength=-2147483648

Config file:

[Network0]
    ComputerSid=S-1-5-21-861567501-562591055-839522115
    Enabled=True
    AutoDiscovery=False
    AutoDiscoveryInterval=15
    [Device0]
    Enabled=False
    BtAddress=(00:1A:77:03:50:A0)
    BtName=Motorola Phone
    PollMethod=DiscoverService
    PollDelay=10
    PollServiceNumber=1
    HsDevice=B2
    HsConfig0=2,Device Found,@(Network0)>-8
    HsConfig1=1,Device Signal Low,@(Network0)>-20
    HsConfig2=0,Device Away,true
    HsConfig3=
    HsConfig4=
    LostConfirm=3
    [Settings]
    Debug=False
    [Device1]
    Enabled=True
    BtAddress=(00:1C:B3:41:7B:90)
    BtName=John's iPhone
    PollMethod=DiscoverService
    PollDelay=10
    PollServiceNumber=1
    HsDevice=B3
    HsConfig0=2,Device Found,@(Network0)>=-8
    HsConfig1=1,Device Signal Low,@(Network0)>-25
    HsConfig2=0,Device Away,true
    HsConfig3=
    HsConfig4=
    LostConfirm=3
    [Device2]

Your poll delay (10 second) is really too fast for her phone.

The service discovery is not finished yet when the next service dicovery starts.

--> You should try to set the pol delay back to 30 second.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Worked for 4 hours then quit

I changed the poll delay to 30 seconds for all three phones and it worked for ~ 50 minutes.

I then changed the poll delay to 60 seconds for the Motorola phone. It worked for ~ 4 hours but the result is the same.

I also changed the Lostconfirm to 1 on all phones.

I get error "Service lookup timed out" then the plug-in no longer works.

Comment

Did you try the latest Bluetooth libraries available here:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=21
        --
        stipus

Comment

Yes I loaded the latest drivers Dec 21st.

I would add that the last time the phones showed no connection I restarted Homeseer and there was still no connection. I had to reboot the machine. Yesterday Homeseer crashed so I have disabled the plug-in. I also downloaded the latest drivers from Linksys to verify that I had the latest copies, which I did. Bluetooth stack 2.0.0.0

Comment

Yes I loaded the latest drivers Dec 21st.

I would add that the last time the phones showed no connection I restarted Homeseer and there was still no connection. I had to reboot the machine. Yesterday Homeseer crashed so I have disabled the plug-in. I also downloaded the latest drivers from Linksys to verify that I had the latest copies, which I did. Bluetooth stack 2.0.0.0

Comment

It is a known fact that this plugin does not work well with some hardware/software combinaisons:

- Operating system release level
              - Bluetooth library
              - Bluetooth stack (MS or widcomm with many different version...)
              - Bluetooth hardware (many different dongles available)
              - Bluetooth phones (many different bluetooth implementations, many buggy).

I thought that using an intermediate Bluetooth library such as Bluetools library would shield the plugin from the Bluetooth implementation (installed stacks and dongles) but unfortunately this failed as the Bluetooth library is not 100% compatible with some Bluetooth stacks and dongles.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Working...
              X