• Show
Clear All

• tonlof
    replied
    Logitec

Leave a comment:

• twa8000
    replied
    Yes IR works great with my ocelot with the IR2BT controller... however this IR2BT controller has a port for hooking it upto the RS232 serial port.. It would be great if someone would write a plugin with homeseer for better intergration...

I could probably do a plugin but i just dont have the free time to really work on it and this current time... Anyone else have a IR2BT that can write a plugin? I think many users would benifit from it!

UPDATE: the IR2BT does not have 2 way communication... It only can output messages... it can not take inputs through the RS232, they said its a feature they would like to add to the unit in the future however via a update.

-Tom-

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    You can use this device, but not with the Bluetooth Connector plugin.

You need a plugin and IR emitter that can send IR from HomeSeer, then this IR2BT is going to translate IR to Blueooth commands for the PS3.

Leave a comment:

• twa8000
    replied
    Anyway we could use this?

http://ir2bt.com/info.htm

Leave a comment:

• Wingo
    Guest replied
    Ok here goes for what I have found out so far

Dlink Bluetooth dongle with Darfon driver version 1.0.2.0 4/11/07

I have tried to pair the remote to the pc the only way I can make this happen is as follows

Start pairing holding start and enter depressed device is found but when prompted for passkey or none only option that works is none and again I need to depress the enter and start key for driver and pc to load hid format so the remote will function.

When this is done remote is able to work for only 1 or 2 key press then it fails it also disconnects the link to the ps3. So I have to go back to the ps3 re link the remote and of course nothing works but the ps3 as before…..

Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Wingo
    Guest replied
    Yes well it all looks good on Paper but having on heck of a time getting the bd remote to pair to the pc........

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    As long as you can get the BD-remote recognized as a Direct Input gamepad or joystick, the free Direct Input Connector plugin should do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• Wingo
    Guest replied
    Yes after reading the docs it is one way but it seems to fully support the BD remote. I will read into this some more I will open this can and dive in later on tonight it looks like I will be able to at least control the lighting based on play stop pause etc that would be a great start. what ever help you can provide I thank you....
    Last edited by ; March 24, 2008, 07:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    I think GlovePie is one-way only. It creates a direct input device from several bluetooth devices such as the wiimote, and the PS3 sixaxis and BD-remote. (That's what I read in the doc - I didn't try).

Leave a comment:

• Wingo
    Guest replied
    Sounds Like a plan

Thank You for the come back since you are thinking about this could it be 2 way one way to read the remote and another to send commands to the ps3 so homeseer could turn it on and off and etc like the commands I send with my oclelot ir stuff.......

Thank You for taking your time to look into this...

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    I just found a program called GlovePie that says it's compatible with the PS3 blu-ray remote !

So this might already work as-is with the direct input connector plugin....

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think it would work.

I know u can integrate the sixaxis controler with HomeSeer using the direct input connector plugin, as there is an unofficial PC driver for the sixaxis... but for the remote I don't think it can work.

However, that's a very good idea ... I'll try to think about this in the future. I already have a PS3, and I'll order a remote to see what can be done.

Leave a comment:

• Wingo
    Guest started a topic Plugin and PS3 dvd remote

Plugin and PS3 dvd remote

I was wondering is there a way for the PS3 remote to be intergrated into homeseer by way of the BT plugin as the DVD remote is Bluetooth.....

Thank You
Working...
X