This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Client on Vista 64?

I've installed the BT connector on my HS PC running 2003 server and that appears to be working... kind of. I may post another thread with the issues I'm having there.

However, I'm also trying to get the client component installed on my Vista 64 machine. The install seemed to work fine, but every time I try and run it, it crashes. Here's the error details from the event viewer:

Fault bucket 247528460, type 5
    Event Name: CLR20r3
    Response: None
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: bluetoothclient.exe
    P2: 2.45.2.2
    P3: 478cb886
    P4: BluetoothClient
    P5: 2.45.2.2
    P6: 478cb886
    P7: 36
    P8: 19
    P9: System.BadImageFormatException
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\WER51CD.tmp.version.txt

These files may be available here:
    C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArch ive\Report0eac7a63

Any suggestions?

You are kind of lucky because another user experienced a similar problem like 3 days ago with another plugin of mine.

The Script Connector also has a small .exe client like the BlueTooth client, and it failed with the same error message on Vista 64.

Solution is : I need to recompile the client, and force target platform to 32-bit mode only.

This is because the client starts as a 64-bit program, then it needs to bind to some of the HomeSeer libs, and this fails as they are 32-bit libs only

I'll post an updated version soon to this thread.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Here is a new build.

Shutdown HomeSeer, backup the 2 old files, and replace them by attached files (in the HomeSeer 2 directory on the server, and on any client).

Please tell me if it worked. I can't test here as I don't have any Vista-64 client computer.
      Attached Files
      --
      stipus

Comment

It worked! Well... it connected anyway and seems to be auto discovering things. I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Thanks!

Comment

If you add one or several Remote Bluetooth Clients, remember you need to change all detection rules to include a "OR" condition for the new BluetoothNetwork.

There are samples on how to do this in the help screen for the rules configuration page.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Working...
          X