This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to BT Devices

I have recently downloaded the BT plugin and have been unsuccessful in making it work. I am unable to find any devices when I perform a scan. I have a T-Mobile Dash Windows Mobile phone and a Blackberry. Both devices have BT enabled and are discoverable. I am using a D-Link DBT-120 adapter with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack 5.1.0.2600. I installed the drivers from the CD that was included with the adapter and my computer (I am using a Hometroller) can connect to my devices. I have tried to scan for devices from within Homeseer with both the devices connected and disconnected to the BT utility I installed from D-Link to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Can you discover the devices using the windows bluetooth icon ?
    Can you post a debug log when the plugin is starting ?
    --
    stipus

Comment

Yes, I can discover the devices using the BT icon.

Here is my debug log
      Attached Files

Comment

Code:
        6/13/2008 2:17:30 PM   BT Debug  BT Connector : Network0: Microsoft Bluetooth Stack 5.1.0.2600 [B]Enabled= False[/B] AutoDiscovery=True AutoDiscoveryInterval=2 
        6/13/2008 2:17:30 PM   BT Debug  BT Connector : 0 Bluetooth device(s) configured
        It looks like you have the Bluetooth Network 0 disabled.

Go to the plugin web configuration interface
        Under the Network 'tab', you should see Network0
        Try to enable it.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Ok, when I do that and then scan for devices I get the following error page stating that BT is disabled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Bluetooth is disabled. The MS Bluetooth stack cannot be found (first device).
          Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
          Exception Details: System.Exception: Bluetooth is disabled. The MS Bluetooth stack cannot be found (first device).
          Source Error:
          An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
          Stack Trace:

[Exception: Bluetooth is disabled. The MS Bluetooth stack cannot be found (first device).]
          System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +1779810
          System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) +826
          HSPI_BT.BtScanner.ScanForNewDevices() +0
          hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.scanButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24
          System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75
          System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +98
          System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEven tHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
          System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
          System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
          System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4921

Comment

Did you try to restart HomeSeer since the network is enabled ?
            --
            stipus

Comment

I just tried but get the same error page.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Comment

The plugin cannot access the Microsoft Bluetooth stack.

Did you download the latest version from the updater, or did you update with a version you found on the Message Board ?

I think some of the latest versions available from the board are forced to use the Widcomm Stack. That may explain why it doesn't work with the Microsoft stack.
                --
                stipus

Comment

I used the downloader. Should I try to reinstall? If so can you explain the procedure for removing the current version?

Thanks

Comment

Try to reinstall using the HomeSeer updater. You can install on top of the existing version. No need to remove the previous version first.

If it doesn't work I really don't know what's happening. There are many users of this plugin, and you're the first one with this problem

There is usualy no problem with the Microsoft stack except there is no signal strength.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Same Issue

I downloaded BT plugin (through the updater) last week and am having the same issue. I can see my devices and connect through the bluetooth icon, but cannot discover through Homeseer.

DJC, have you had any luck?

Comment

Did you install a recent Service Pack or anything special ? What operating system are you running ? Do you have a 64-bit OS ?

I really don't understand why the Bluetooth Lib doesn't connect. I know there is an updated version of the lib available. Maybe I need to release a new version of the Bluetooth Connector with the updated lib.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Weathrman1,

No, I haven't had any luck. What BT adapter are you using?

Stipus,

I am using the D-Link DBT-120 so I went to the Dlink website to see if there are any updates. The information about my particular HW model (version C) states "The D-Link PersonalAirTM DBT-120 includes Bluetooth management and connectivity software by WidComm". Does that mean it uses the Widcomm stack and I should download the version you posted on the board?

Comment

If you have installed the Widcomm stack in parrallel to the Microsoft stack, the result can be a nightmare....

In your bluetooth neighborhood, if you click help about, is this Microsoft or Widcomm ?

You may want to try one of the versions I posted earlier on the board, with the stack forced to widcomm.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Okay, I'm not sure if I follow you when you say to check in bluetooth neighborhood- are you referring to device mananger or the BT software utility that was installed with the D-Link adapter?

I went ahead and downloaded your file for the Widcomm stack and followed your instructions for remaning the old file and adding the new file. I now get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Source Error:
                              An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
                              Stack Trace:

[Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
                              System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +1779810
                              System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) +826
                              HSPI_BT.BtScanner.ScanForNewDevices() +0
                              hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.scanButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +24
                              System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +75
                              System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +98
                              System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEven tHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
                              System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
                              System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
                              System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4921

My log file shows the following entry:

6/15/2008 12:05:39 PM - Info - Interface BT Connector is running as a trial, 18 days remaining.
                              6/15/2008 12:05:39 PM - BT Connector - BT Connector 2.46.2.2 Copyright 2006 stipus@stipus.com
                              6/15/2008 12:05:39 PM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: BT Connector
                              6/15/2008 12:05:39 PM - BT Connector - Warning: bluetooth manager can't be found.BlueTools.dll not installed. Please visit franson.com/bluetools for more info
                              6/15/2008 12:05:39 PM - Info - Finished initializing plug-in BT Connector
                              6/15/2008 12:05:39 PM - BT Connector - Local Bluetooth network not found.
                              6/15/2008 12:05:39 PM - BT Connector - 0 Bluetooth device(s) configured

Comment

Working...
                              X