This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see the error message: BlueTools.dll not installed

There is definitively a problem with how the plugin is installed.

The following files should all be installed in the HomeSeer directory:
    hspi_bt.dll
    Bluetools.dll
    BluettoolsMS.dll
    BluetoolsWC.dll
    BluetoolsWC150.dll
    Franson.Bluetools.200.dll
    --
    stipus

Comment

All of these files are in my HomeSeer2 folder, however I am not sure if anything is wrong with them. In case it helps, I am running a Hometroller with XPe installed.

Thanks,

David

Comment

The error message above only displays when I try to run it with the dll file you posted on the board to force it to use Widcomm stack. If I use the original dll file it will go back to giving me the original error message when I scan for devices.

Thanks,

David

Comment

The plugin can't connect to the Widcomm stack. Maybe it's not installed.

The Plugin can't connect to the Microsoft stack. May be because there is another installed stack.

Do you know which Bluetooth stack has been installed ? The one you got with the dongle ?

If you double-click the bluetooth icon in the system tray, can you see any branding, widcomm, bluesoleil, toshiba... ?
          --
          stipus

Comment

I am running the Bluetooth stack for windows by Toshiba V 4.00.23(c)

Comment

OK everything is clear now.

The plugin is only compatible with the Microsoft stack, or the Widcomm stack.

This is because the plugin uses a Bluetooth library called "Bluetools", that is only compatible with those 2 stacks.

I need to check the franson.com bluetools support forum, to see if there is any news for other BT stack support... but many user of this lib asked the same for the past 2 years, and we got no clear answer.
              --
              stipus

Comment

So does that mean I am unable to use the D-Link DBT-120 adapter or can I download the MS stack somewhere and force it to use it? I read on here where others have successfully used the DBT-120.

Thanks,

David

Comment

You should try to remove the Toshiba stack, and see if it works with the MS stack.

The MS stack came with XP SP2.
                  I'm not sure about Windows-Embedded through...
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Working

DJC this worked for me and might work for you too.

I am using a belkin adapter. I did some googling and usually these 3rd party stacks and software work ok, but sometimes they don't. I followed the instructions here. http://www.kozen.de/?page_id=160 Basically, it involves removing all the belkin software and drivers, changing some info in the MS stack to include the vid and pid for the belkin device, and reinstalling the device to point at the windows inf file as the driver.

If you are using XP (as I am) make sure you have SP2 (or now SP3) installed.

Works great now. Let me know if you have any questions about this method.

Comment

We have success. I removed the Toshiba sw and then copied over some missing files from another XP machine which allowed the Windows BT stack to install. I can now see my devices.

Now to figure out how to use it. Thanks for hanging in there with me, I appreciate the support, I will let you know if I have any more questions.

Thanks again,

David

Comment

Okay got my two phones connected and everything seemed to work somewhat normally for an hour or so and then it stopped working. I set up a simple event to turn on a light when device is ok and turn off when away. This worked however it would turn off and on randomly without the device moving positions. I messed around with the various settings and got little improvement. Then after a while, it stopped updating either device, both stayed in the OK state and never updated no matter how many times I hit refresh. The odd thing is that if I turned on the Debug function, it was constantly updating the log with the correct status of the device, it is just not updating on the status tab and also not triggering events. Any ieas? I tried removing the devices and adding them back in and it would provide the updated status to the log and then not update again.

Thanks,

David

Comment

The odd thing is that if I turned on the Debug function, it was constantly updating the log with the correct status of the device, it is just not updating on the status tab and also not triggering events.
                          It really looks like a bug.
                          I'll have a look at the code to see if I can find anything.

The odd thing is that there are many users of this plugin, and no one reported a similar problem.
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Working...
                          X