This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth client crashes...

I figured I'll try this plugin and allthough it is not perfect (I blame my bluetooth dongle for that), it works.

However, I figured I would install the client on my work computer. It has the same dongle as the server has at home (both running WinXP). But it only crashes when it connects!

I have the Script Client running on the same machine without problems...

Any pointers?

EDIT: Some info.

This is the error:
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BluetoothClient, Version=2.45.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'BluetoothClient, Version=2.45.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    Apparently I'm using this version of the MS stack:
    11:02:39 Microsoft Bluetooth Stack 5.1.0.2600

If I click "Continue" on the .NET error dialog, it seems like the client connects every 5 seconds...
    Last edited by Moskus; August 4, 2008, 04:15 AM.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Update:

I've tried adding the .exe file til the HomeSeer 2 directory on the server, and adding SKCLNET.dll in the directory of the client. No change..
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

You need to add BluetoothClient.exe to the HomeSeer 2 directory on the HomeSeer server.

This fixed the problem for other users.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Like I said, I've already tried that...
        (But I didn't restart HS as it seemed unessecary).

Comment

I realise it's vacation time, but a little hint would be great...

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            I realise it's vacation time, but a little hint would be great...
            Honestly I have no clue. If you did copy BluetoothClient.exe to the server HomeSeer 2 directory, and restarted everything, it should have worked.

I'll be back from vacation on the 15th of August, and I have no access to my computers to try / test / fix anything before then.
            --
            stipus

Comment

No worries, I'll wait.

I just upgraded my server, so now I need a bluetooth dongle that has Windows 2003 server drivers...

Comment

Working...
              X