X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well 1st, welcome back to your forum, i see posts from over 6 months ago asking for help, myself over a year ago. i even posted a bug on the system where its incorrectly writing the data file wrong and heard nothing. i used it but if i add more than 2 phones to it ( as i wanted to add friends who vist so the system wil greet them by name ) it just hangs.
    im sorry if you feel im attacking, i just feel that if i purchase something and its buggy or isnt working right some sort of support is expected.
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Let me tell you the bug while your around:

when you add a device as you know in the config file the NETWORK part shoudl go last:

BtName=Vaynes's iPhone
      PollMethod=AutoDiscovery
      PollDelay=30
      PollServiceNumber=1
      HsDevice=r2
      HsConfig0=1,Device Detected,@(Network0)>=0
      HsConfig1=0,Device Away,true
      HsConfig2=
      LostConfirm=3
      [Network0]
      ComputerSid=S-1-5-21-3191568xxxxxx02-1907614678-1753033120
      Enabled=True
      AutoDiscovery=True
      AutoDiscoveryInterval=30
      [Settings]
      Debug=False

as shown here. however, what will often happen when adding a device using yoru interface it wil add the device AFTER the network like this

[Network0]
      ComputerSid=S-1-5-21-3191xxxxxx-1907614678-1753033120
      Enabled=True
      AutoDiscovery=True
      AutoDiscoveryInterval=30
      [Settings]
      Debug=False
      [Device3]
      BtName=Vaynes's iPhone
      PollMethod=AutoDiscovery
      PollDelay=30
      PollServiceNumber=1
      HsDevice=r2
      HsConfig0=1,Device Detected,@(Network0)>=0
      HsConfig1=0,Device Away,true
      HsConfig2=
      LostConfirm=3

when your system sees [Network] it assumes all the devices are there and stops looking, thus any devices after that are never detected.

so each time i add a device i then have to go into the config file and move it back ABOVE the [network] line for it to even try to work
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
        im sorry if you feel im attacking, i just feel that if i purchase something and its buggy or isnt working right some sort of support is expected.
        So do I.... I purchased the Franson Bluetools library to build this plugin, and I can't get support anymore.

I'm going to have a look at your .ini file problem
        --
        stipus

Comment

I don't understand why the Network part should go last.

The plugin is using the HomeSeer API to read the .INI files, and at the time I tested the plugin, the HomeSeer API worked fine to read ini sections, and didn't behave in a different way if a section was first or last.

I'm going to have a deeper look...
          --
          stipus

Comment

all i know is thats what i have to do to get it to even see then phone after its initally set up

Comment

Hum....
              I wanted to use Bluetooth for Proximity, by putting a simple dongle in several computers.

When I read that Signal Strength wasn't supported, I double checked, I think it is...

https://blog.bluetooth.com/proximity-and-rssi

Maybe that is an OLD post, but it sure looks like what a lot of us want...

Comment

The bluetooth connector has been able to compute RSSI, but unfortunately it was based on a bluetooth library that is now unsupported.

It's very difficult to find a dongle and bluetooth stack that is compatible with this library on modern computers. In a word, I don't think it's possible to install the bluetooth connector anymore.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Working...
                X