This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth connector + Bluetooth Client 2.48.2.2

Here is a new version V2.48.2.2 of the Bluetooth Connector plugin.

Change log since V0.45.2.2:

- Uses an updated Bluetooth library (Bluetools V1.21.848)
    - Added the missing BluetoothClient.exe file to the HS2 directory.

How to install:

- Copy hspi_bt_2-48-2-2.zip to the HomeSeer 2\updates2\zips directory
    - Copy pending.txt to HomeSeer 2\updates2 (replace existing file)
    - Restart HomeSeer

Features:

- The plugin is compatible with the Microsoft XP SP2 Bluetooth stack, the Vista 32-bit stack, and with the Widcomm stack (v1.4.2.10 or later). It is not compatible with IVT, BlueSoleil or Toshiba BT stacks.

- Bluetooth device presence detection. You can configure different device values and device strings for away/detected.

- Bluetooth device signal strength (with the Widcomm Bluetooth stack). You can configure different device values and strings according to signal strength.

- An optionnal Bluetooth Client can collect bluetooth presence and signal strength from remote computers, and communicate its findings to the main plugin.

- With several long range Bluetooth dongles, the plugin allows you to triangulate the position of your Bluetooth devices.

- Web configuration interface for all parameters.

How to install the Bluetooth Client on a remote computer

- Once the plugin is installed, you can find a SetupBluetoothClient.msi Windows installer file in your main HomeSeer computer HomeSeer 2 directory.

- You have to copy this file to a remote computer and run it.

- The speaker Client must be installed on the remote computer (but does not need to be running).

[EDIT] Attachements removed as a new version is available from the updater
    Last edited by stipus; October 13, 2008, 08:08 PM.
    --
    stipus

I am now getting CoonectService stream acquired for device ddddd and for a second device ttttt

device ddddd is still not being updated as In Range (and it is) and device ttttt is updating the status to Device detected

Help anyone?

Comment

i think your on your own as far as this plugin goes, dosnt seem to be ANY support for it, i purchased it and it wont let me add any more phones ( got it tracking 4 )
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

I really wish I had noticed that before wasting $30 bucks on this. Jon00's plugin is much better.

Comment

This is because the plugin is built using a third party library (franson bluetools), and there has been no support for this library for several years now.

The third party library doesn't work with all BT stacks/BT devices/Operating systems.

Maybe I should remove the plugin from the HS store, but many users are happy with it (it really depends on the os/hardware/bt stack you are using), and there is a 30-day trial period.
          --
          stipus

Comment

well not to bitch or anything but even if its built on a now non sup[ported set , YOU still have it available , and it took 6 months to reply to my post about support, if you have a device in the store you should at lease check your support thread regularly and reply to people, if you cant then pull the plug in , or post a BIG warning that its use at your own risk
            detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

How do you get Network0 property for signal strength value?

I would like to capture the signal strength in a VB Script. How do I get the value from the Bluetooth Connector property for the current signal strength? I see it displayed in Network0 on the Homeseer device status screen.

Comment

How do you get Network0 property for signal strength value?

Any thoughts on retrieving a value from the singnal strength variable via script? See above message.

Comment

bump !

Comment

Hey guys !

I tought I had the RSSI value going but its not the case. I am using a IOGEAR bt micro dongle which uses a Widcomm driver ( Broadcom BCM20702 4.0 bt ). This driver runs along a Windows Bluetooth driver enumerator in the BT branch of the Device Manager.

After 3 hours of searching, I still cant find precise information on how to acheive the Signal strength report.

- I have discovered the device trough the Windows software and it installed all service such as headset, music player, proximity lock option, etc ( I also tried with the Windows proximity option ON and OFF )

- I have configured the BT connector device for signal strength monitoring

- I have the network discovery mode autodiscovery set to off with device mode set to discoverservice

- Homeseer detects phone and keeps its status updated very precisely, the problem is that it always shows a SIGNAL OK ( value 0 ) when detected and DEVICE AWAY ( value -2147483648 ) when out of range.

This demonstrates it is not reading the strength value but Bluetooth detection works. The installation of the drivers shows INSTALLING WIDCOMM driver when plugin BT device, this makes me beleive i am using correct drivers but why do I get a broadcom driver in Device Manager ?

I am not a long term user of the Bluetooth stacks, can anyone direct me with a tool to test if my dongle is able to report RSSI ?

Also, where do I see which service number is running on my BT dongle so I can enter it in the POLL SERVICE box ?

Thx !

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

i think the programmer has walked away from this thing and left it to its own devices and as such most people have left it to goto more supported products

Comment

You are right.

The plugin uses a Bluetooth library that is not supported anymore.
                          And as a matter of fact, bluetooth signal strength is not supported anymore by modern Bluetooth stacks.

It was only supported by the Widcomm stack in 2005 when I coded the plugin.
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

ok, then WHY are you still selling it in the homeseer app store? for $30 ??? if you know it dosnt work and the drivers are outdated, dont you owe it to the community to either fix and update it or remove it? so people don't buy it then feel they are ripped off when it dosnt work?

Comment

Signal strength doesn't work with recent bluetooth stacks.
                              As far as I know, all other features do work.

AND

There is a 30-day trial period.

AND

Many users are happy with this plugin.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Working...
                              X