client crashes on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

client crashes on startup

I upgraded to hspro, and had to reinstall the plug-in ever since then, the client on another PC crashes as soon as it starts up.

I've reinstalled the client, and tried various things I could think of with no luck anywhere.

Any idea how to fix this?
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Did you install the latest version of the plugin ?
    Did you install the client coming with the plugin, or an older client ?
    What is your HomeSeer version ?
    Is there any error message when the client crashes ?
    --
    stipus

Comment

HS Pro Edition 2.2.0.66
      Plugin Version hspi_bt.dll 2.45.2.2
      BTTray.exe Version 4.0.1.700
      Which should be the version installed by running SetupBluetoothClient.msi which was found in my homeseer 2 folder.

When it crashes it gives me some option to debug in visual studio, but that's about it.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Latest plugin available from the updater is 2.48.2.2

You should try installing this version, then remove the BluetoothClient.exe from the remote computer (using add/remove program), then copy the new SetupBluetoothClient.msi (which should come in your HS2 directory when you install 2.48.2.2) on your remote computer and install.
        --
        stipus

Comment

That did fix the problem. I think I was running a pretty old version of the client. Although I know I tried this exact same process shortly after I upgraded to HSPro about a month ago
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

thanks for the report !

The latest client version is the same as the older one, but the Bluetooth libraries (BlueTools) have been updated to the latest version available from the Franson (Lib provider) Web site.

From a few plugin user comments, it looks like this new version of the BlueTools Lib fixed many problems...
            Last edited by stipus; October 15, 2008, 03:27 AM.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Working...
            X