This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone Compatibility

I just downloaded the trial plugin and am doing some testing, This seems like it would be a good alternative/secondary to the "cheaper RFID" solution I am carrying now.

Although I can get my wife's Motorazor to work well, my iPhone (3G) seems stubborn. I can find it and add the device to HS, that's it - I'm instantly away and and cant seem to get the device to be in range, even if I keep it in discovery mode.

Is anyone else using the iPhone with this plugin? I have read that the iphone has a really crippled bluetooth profile (no A2DP is a big annoyance for me). It has very limited settings, On and Off.

Any other suggestions to get this going?

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

My Iphone3g has the same problems as yours. I tried al kinds of settings and also other bleutooth dongle, but sooner or later the iphone loses connection and it will never come back without configuring the plug-in again....

Too bad........
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Same for me. iPhone or iPhone 3G is not working with this. Tried with 5 diferent BT adaptors, inc a 100 m one. Finds it once, thats it. A nokia e51 an e61 works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
        Same for me. iPhone or iPhone 3G is not working with this.
        Fantastic!

Comment

Wasted money using iPhone

I purchased this plugin before I even tested it with my 3G iPhone

Any idea why the iPhone seems to not work with this?

This is a shame considering how popular the iPhone is...

Comment

Please ask Apple.

Shame is on their side.
            --
            stipus

Comment

I heard Apple is enhancing their Bluetooth support in version 2.3. Maybe this will work for this plug-in too....
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

The real problem with the iPhone is the battery capacity. It doesn't even last a full day when you *really* use the phone.

I think Apple engineers had to choose between answering similar BT requests for hours (lowering the battery level even more), and stopping Bluetooth responses after a while... I think they chose the later.

This might be fixed in a future firmware.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Hi Apple had announced version 3 of the iPhone software with better support for bluetooth, so I hope this will solve our problem.
                  See http://www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/ for more details...
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                    I heard Apple is enhancing their Bluetooth support in version 2.3. Maybe this will work for this plug-in too....
                    Has there been any change? Is this now working?

Comment

My iphone 3gs worked first time, remember you have to pair it.
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

If you pair the phone, then there is a good chance that autodiscovery always find it, even if it is shut down ! You then have to configure another discovery method.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

I am still unsure if this plugin works with the iPhone. Can someone give us a status update? I currently have an iPhone 4.

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
                            I am still unsure if this plugin works with the iPhone. Can someone give us a status update? I currently have an iPhone 4.
                            It works with the 3gs so should work with a 4. Why not just try it and see.
                            sigpic
                            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

That would be great ...

Gogs, I was just trying to poll the community before going through the expense of getting a bluetooth dongle ans installing software if the concensus was that it didn't work. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X