This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Client Issue

I have the Bluetooth Client running on 2 seperate systems to report bluetooth devices thru my home. I notice on both of the clients after 2 days of running they stop reporting status. Seems that they fail due to the following condition in the log from the clients themselves "Service discovery pending". I have all the device setup for DiscoverService as I felt it was the best way to set it up (I get signal strength this way as opposed to AutoDiscovery and ConnectService was causing issues on my devices).

Once I exit the client and restart it, they work normally for about 2 days then they fail because they get stuck in a loop of service discovery pending.

Thanks

Originally posted by dhellis View Post
    I have the Bluetooth Client running on 2 seperate systems to report bluetooth devices thru my home. I notice on both of the clients after 2 days of running they stop reporting status. Seems that they fail due to the following condition in the log from the clients themselves "Service discovery pending". I have all the device setup for DiscoverService as I felt it was the best way to set it up (I get signal strength this way as opposed to AutoDiscovery and ConnectService was causing issues on my devices).

Once I exit the client and restart it, they work normally for about 2 days then they fail because they get stuck in a loop of service discovery pending.

Thanks
    An other plugin customer already experienced a very similar issue. I think the Bluetooth stack or the Bluetooth library gets stuck after a while.

I did open a support ticket on the Franson support forum (Franson is the Bluetooth Library provider), and sent very detailed logs of the problem.

http://www.franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9047

Unfortunately Franson's answer was not helpfull at all... he replied that it's a problem within the Bluetooth stack. I don't really understand this reply as the Bluetooth connector works after a restart, and this does not re-initialize the Bluetooth stack.

I asked if it would be possible to reinitialize the bluetooth library when such a condition is detected, but he replied it's not possible...

I'm really stuck with this bluetooth library, and I don't kow what I could do. If you could add a message to the ticket and write you have the exact same problem it may help...

In the meantime you could try to increase the polling interval.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have tried to increase the polling interval and decrease but again the discovery pending error still occurs after a couple days. I manually restart the client and it begins to work again.

Can you implement something that you trap for discover service pending and restart the client automatically?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X