This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conceptronic CBT200U2A support

Just installed a Conceptronic 200 meter USB adapter.
    When the software is installed the stack will replaced by Toshiba stack
    When the is removed MS stack will be installed.
    BT connector is not seeing any device..

Are there other options to let it work?
    How can I see in the log if the Stack is supported?
    Attached Files

Try to uninstall the Toshiba stack, as the plugin is not compatible with this BT stack.

Then I can see there is a problem in your config, as the plugin sees Bluetooth Network0 as Remote.

--> Shutdown HomeSeer, delete the file HomeSeer 2\Config\hspi_bt.ini, and restart.
    --
    stipus

Comment

I have done that.
      BT Network is now empty still no devices to select.
      other options?

this is the new *bt.ini

[Network0]
      ComputerSid=S-1-5-21-*(long number)

Comment

Can you copy/paste the complete debug log when the plugin starts up ?
        --
        stipus

Comment

25-3-2009 12:36:55 BT Debug BT Connector : 0 Bluetooth device(s) configured
          25-3-2009 12:36:55 BT Debug BT Connector : Error loading [Network 0] from hspi_bt.ini: Manager disposed! Cannot be called after Manager.Dispose() has been called.
          25-3-2009 12:36:55 Info Finished initializing plug-in BT Connector
          25-3-2009 12:36:45 BT Debug BT Connector : Debug Mode activated. Waiting 10 secs...
          25-3-2009 12:36:45 Info Initializing Plug-in: BT Connector
          25-3-2009 12:36:45 BT Connector BT Connector 2.48.2.2 Copyright 2006 stipus@stipus.com
          25-3-2009 12:36:45 Info Interface BT Connector is running as a trial, 29 days remaining.
          25-3-2009 12:36:37 BT Debug ShutdownIO() called

Comment

25-3-2009 12:36:55 BT Debug BT Connector : Error loading [Network 0] from hspi_bt.ini: Manager disposed! Cannot be called after Manager.Dispose() has been called.
            Sorry, you have to shutdown HomeSeer and restart, because the Bluetooth library cannot be reinitialized without shutting down the whole process.
            --
            stipus

Comment

thanks...that was the problem..

I have set the option last confirm on 3 and still disconnections all the time.
              I was hopping that the 200 meter adapter can connect to my car +/- 50 meter..
              There is no connection possible..only when I'm very close to my front door it will detect.
              Ar there any options for optimizing this?

Comment

I was hopping that the 200 meter adapter can connect to my car +/- 50 meter..
                200m adapter ... terrible marketing info

200m adapter can connect to another 200m adapter +/- 50m
                200m adapter can connect to a standard adapter such as you car BT or phone +/- 10m
                --
                stipus

Comment

What do I need for best connection?
                  On e-bay I found few models that say 700 meter
                  with custom antennas

I'm looking for something that will detect my phone from 100 meters.

Comment

No offense, but I believe you do not understand that a communication must be two-way.

If the BT dongle has enough theorical power to emit 100m or 200m away, your phone can only reply 5 to 10m away.

Imagine you have a megaphone, and you want to talk to someone 100m away from you. As your voice is amplified by the megaphone, your friend can hear you. He replies your questions but as he doesn't have a megaphone, you cannot hear his replies.

So there is no way to achieve what you want.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Okay thanks for the info.
                      I was hopping it will work different. Like satellite systems that only one of the systems has to be big..

One thing i don't understand..how all the BT war drive systems work.
                      With this kind of system you can pick up BT systems in a range of 1000 meter.

Comment

Working...
                      X