• Show
Clear All

• Moskus
    replied
    D'oh! Wrong thread...

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    Do you expect it to work better with iphones is there still a problem ?
    Currently there is no update for the Bluetools dll.

Leave a comment:

• Jakob.Sand
    replied
    Do you expect it to work better with iphones is there still a problem ?

Originally posted by stipus View Post
    I just checked the Franson forum for a Bluetools.dll update, but there is none !

The current version has known problems and can become unstable with some combinations of BT hardware / BT stack /OS.

If it works most of the time with your config, it should be possible to create a remote script to restart the BtClient every few days, or when the error shows up in the HS event log.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Here's a link to this plugin.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ght=logmonitor

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Excellent!
    Now I don't have to reinvent the wheel!

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Yes, I think the most "sensible" way is to monitor the HS log. I'll see if I can build a script that does that (if it doesn't exsist already).
    The free log monitor plugin does this.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    If it works most of the time with your config, it should be possible to create a remote script to restart the BtClient every few days, or when the error shows up in the HS event log.
    Yes, I think the most "sensible" way is to monitor the HS log. I'll see if I can build a script that does that (if it doesn't exsist already).

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    I just checked the Franson forum for a Bluetools.dll update, but there is none !

The current version has known problems and can become unstable with some combinations of BT hardware / BT stack /OS.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    It doesn't behave like this all the time, just sometimes. If I restart the clients, then all returns to normal.

I'd just like to know if there's something that can be done about it, or if I have to do something clever with the Script Connector to restart the BlueTooth Connector...

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    Then this could mean the Bluetooth Client is so busy (maybe querying the Bluetooh stack through the Bluetools library?) that it cannot answer a simple keep-alive request from HomeSeer.

I don't understand this as the Bluetooth Client is multithreaded. There is a separate thread to query the stack, and the main thread should be available to answer keep-alive queries.

I'll have a look at the code.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    The error messages you are getting look like a network problem between the Bluetooth Connector plugin and the Bluetooth Client.
    That's what I figured.
    But the Script Connector and HStouch are not complaining on the same computers...

Leave a comment:

• stipus
    replied
    I'm waiting for a new release of the Bluetooth library used by the plugin (franson bluetools).

The error messages you are getting look like a network problem between the Bluetooth Connector plugin and the Bluetooth Client.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    started a topic Updated soon?

Updated soon?

The new script connector is excellent and lightning fast! It's also more robust than the Bluetooth connector... Sometimes, I get a lot of error messages:

13.12.2009 14:01:46 BT Connector Warning: remote network Network1 unreachable. The response has not been received within the specified period of time.
    13.12.2009 14:01:47 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network1 registered.
    13.12.2009 14:04:22 BT Connector Warning: remote network Network1 unreachable. The response has not been received within the specified period of time.
    13.12.2009 14:04:22 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network1 registered.
    13.12.2009 14:06:58 BT Connector Warning: remote network Network1 unreachable. The response has not been received within the specified period of time.
    13.12.2009 14:07:02 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network1 registered.
    13.12.2009 14:07:28 BT Connector Warning: remote network Network3 unreachable. Object '/4f265c00_3073_4683_96b5_30e38c768937/l3eb65bik0h_w1jdxdlydil+_1.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.
    13.12.2009 14:07:31 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network3 registered.
    13.12.2009 14:09:28 BT Connector Warning: remote network Network1 unreachable. The response has not been received within the specified period of time.
    13.12.2009 14:09:33 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network1 registered.
    13.12.2009 14:12:04 BT Connector Warning: remote network Network1 unreachable. The response has not been received within the specified period of time.
    13.12.2009 14:12:08 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network1 registered.
    13.12.2009 14:12:35 BT Connector Warning: remote network Network3 unreachable. Object '/4f265c00_3073_4683_96b5_30e38c768937/l3eb65bik0h_w1jdxdlydil+_1.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.
    13.12.2009 14:12:36 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network3 registered.
    13.12.2009 14:14:35 BT Connector Warning: remote network Network1 unreachable. The response has not been received within the specified period of time.
    13.12.2009 14:14:38 BT Connector Remote Bluetooth network Network1 registered.

What is it that these messages are trying to tell me?
    Why do I need so many? Can they be surpessed?

Will there be any updates to the BT connector soon?
Working...
X