This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Connector Integration and Uses

I have installed the trial version of the BT Connector and I'm in the process of figuring out exactly what I can do with it and how others are using it. Working with an IPhone if anyone has ideas/info directly related but primarily just curious to see what can be done.

I've only been using HS for about 3 months so I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out piece by piece and by trial and error (FYI- scripts are not a possibility for me ). All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You first have to check if the plugin work fine with your phone.

For a few days, just let the plugin update the device with your phone presence status, and check in the log if it goes OFF when you leave the house, and ON when you come back.

If it works fine (it doesn't work fine with all phones), then you can add the presence device as a condition or trigger to any homeseer event and your house can react accordingly to your presence.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have installed and configured the the plug-in. When I scan bluetooth devices my phone is recognized. When I initially scanned the device I saw a message in the HS log that stated "2/27/2010 9:33:22 AM - BT Connector - Warning: no HomeSeer device defined for Bluetooth device: XXXXX's IPhone". I realized I had not created a device and promptly did so. However, the plug-in continues to recognize my phone when I scan for it but nothing is happening in the HS log. I do not see the phone connecting. I understand that not all phones work and not all bluetooth devices will work and that may be my problem. I am using a Rocketfish FLBTAD. Any suggestions?
      Thanks again.....

Comment

Try to remove the Bluetooth pairing between the computer and the phone.
        --
        stipus

Comment

OK, tried that. The phone is no longer paired with the PC. I've double checked and it no longer shows up in the bluetooth devices. I was able to trigger an event when the phone was detected. The event continuously triggered though, about every second so i had to disable it. I think I'm on the right track now so I'll continue to play with it for a day or so instead of posting each issue. Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Did you create your event based on a Condition (in this case the condition is evaluated every minute by HomeSeer), or based on a Device value change (evaluated only when it changes) ?
            --
            stipus

Comment

Working...
            X