X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion

Hi

Just wondering if I could get some information- I am using AutoDiscovery. When I check the log I can see the status that is returned from a 'poll' does not change unless a 'discovery' has happened. I have done some testing, and there can be several polls after my phone is switched of, but the status does not change to -whatever until the AutoDiscovery, at which point the next poll has the new result. My reason for asking is I am trying to work out best timing and wanted to know what the relationship between the two was?

This one is probably even more obvious but just in case- the 'clients' have to be one of the two supported stacks?

Thanks
    <O</O

Originally posted by brenton.prettejohn View Post
    Hi

Just wondering if I could get some information- I am using AutoDiscovery. When I check the log I can see the status that is returned from a 'poll' does not change unless a 'discovery' has happened. I have done some testing, and there can be several polls after my phone is switched of, but the status does not change to -whatever until the AutoDiscovery, at which point the next poll has the new result. My reason for asking is I am trying to work out best timing and wanted to know what the relationship between the two was?
    I'm not sure I understood your problem. If you are using autodiscovery, status only change after autodiscovery happened. Then there is the "Lost Confirm count" parameter: this is the number of polls before the plugin changes the device status to off (This is in case the device didn't answer 1 or 2 polls, but is still here).

Yes triangulation only works with the Widcomm stack. But do not place too much hope on bluetooth triangulation. This is really approximate, and a bit difficult to configure. I stopped using it myself.

This one is probably even more obvious but just in case- the 'clients' have to be one of the two supported stacks?
    <O</O
    Yes
    --
    stipus

Comment

thanks stipus,

Let me try and ask my question a little more clearly- just remember I don't fully understand what is happing, so I may be missing something that is to you blindingly obvious.

in my log I see
      26/07/2010 1:11:05 PM BT Debug AutoDiscovery found 5 device(s)
      26/07/2010 1:11:30 PM BT Debug Polling SGH-i900 (Method=AutoDiscovery) on Network0 returned signal strength=0
      26/07/2010 1:11:55 PM BT Debug AutoDiscovery found 6 device(s)
      26/07/2010 1:12:30 PM BT Debug Polling SGH-i900 (Method=AutoDiscovery) on Network0 returned signal strength=0
      26/07/2010 1:13:01 PM BT Debug AutoDiscovery found 6 device(s)

I am trying to find out exactly what the relationship between polling and autodiscovery is.

If I am on AutoDiscovery do I even need polling?

If the staus does not change back untill the next AutoDiscovery happens- what is the point of polling?

Is it possible to set the frequency of the AutoDiscovery?

Or perhaps the most important question-

Lets say I want to use AutoDiscovery, I want it to check every minute to see if my phone is there, if it is not, I want it to try two more times (also a minute apart), before changeing status- what should my setings be.

Thanks

Comment

??

Comment

auto-discovery is an asynchronious process. You can't set the frequency for it. The bluetooth stack auto-discovers the device when the device sends a hello message.

You can poll every minute in auto-discovery mode to check every minute if your phone is here.

Set the "Lot Confirm" parameter to 2, to check 2 more times when the device is not seen, before changing the Homeseer device status back to "lost"
          --
          stipus

Comment

Working...
          X