X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Config check and script question

Hi,

I'm new to using the plug-in and so far all is working well.

Here's my config:

Rocketfish RF-FLBTAD adaptor with latest widcomm stack on XP SP2
    iPhone 4 pair with PC
    Using DiscoverService method

Is pairing the device and using DiscoverService the best known method for iPhones?

Also, how do I add the BT Connector DLL to Scripting References so I can use the following command to reload the plug-in after changing the poll interval?

hs.plugin( "BT Connector").scanner.Devices( "Device0" ).ReloadConfig()

Thanks!

-Mike

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to using the plug-in and so far all is working well.

Here's my config:

Rocketfish RF-FLBTAD adaptor with latest widcomm stack on XP SP2
    iPhone 4 pair with PC
    Using DiscoverService method

Is pairing the device and using DiscoverService the best known method for iPhones?
    I'm not sure if it's the best method for an iPhone. If it works for you, then I think it's fine. Did you double-check if the plugin stops finding your iPhone when you are away ? Sometimes, with some BT stacks, the phone is always found when paired... (even if it's off !)

Also, how do I add the BT Connector DLL to Scripting References so I can use the following command to reload the plug-in after changing the poll interval?

hs.plugin( "BT Connector").scanner.Devices( "Device0" ).ReloadConfig()
    You have to add the following at the top of your VB.NET script:

PHP Code:
    Imports HSPI_BT 
    You also have to add the DLL as a scripting reference in the file Config/settings.ini

Find the line ScriptingReferences=

Add the following at the end of the line (change the exact dll path as needed)

PHP Code:
    ,HSPI_BT;C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_bt.dll 
    Restart HomeSeer.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Thanks. Yes, it's working fine with the iPhone paired and using DiscoverServices. When out the range, it switches to Away. I was just asking if this was the best method. Sounds like it is. Thanks for the info.

One more question: Is there a way to see the last reported signal without drilling down in to the plug-in config settings? I thought I saw in some release notes that the plug-in included the last known signal level in to the device somehow but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

You have to go to the plugin configuration to see the signal strength reported by the BT stack.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Working...
        X