This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for longer range adaptors?

I just got a Rocketfish BT adaptor (RF-FLBTAD) up and running this weekend with the plug-in and it's working great except for I'd like just a little more range. Any suggestions for USB BT (widcomm) adaptors with longer range?

Thanks!

-Mike

Anyone? The Rocketfish device I have is rated at 30m. I assume a 100m device would give me what I want. It looks like some folks have used the Belkin but I saw some posts around performance (CPU) issues. Does the Belkin support the widcomm stack?

Looking for model recomendations.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

You might wat to check on ebay. I picked up a couple of cheap 100m dongles there. They were only a couple $ each. They have been working good for me. They have been picking up signals that are probably in my neighbors houses on each side of me. Those are both at least 100 feet from me.

Comment

Great. What brand/models? Do they support the widcomm stack?

Comment

Here is the link to the ones I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Doesn't say anything about brand. Probably just generic. As far as stack, doesn't say anything either. I use Jon00's bluetooth script , and it works good. I beleive his script and client uses the windows stack.

Comment

Thanks. I ordered a new Belkin F8T017. I'll post my results once I get it and set it up.

-Mike

Comment

Just FYI, there is no point in buying 'standard' extended range dongles if the device you are trying to detect does not also support the range. This is because two-way communication is needed.

The exception is something like: http://www.aircable.net/products/host-xr3.php which has a much more sensitive BT receiver.
                Jon

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. I've canceled the Beklin and ordered the AIRcable Host XR3.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X