This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 3.1 Released

The latest version should show in the updater shortly. I'm currently running it on HS 2.1.6.0 and haven't encountered an issue yet.

There are three major changes with this release.

First, half of the plugin has been rewitten in PerlNET (.NET for Perl) using the newest HS2 API, which means this version will NOT run properly on HS1.7.

Second, this version now fully utilizes the PIN code that you enter during plugin config. Earlier versions used a different call to the panel which didn't require a PIN. So in order for you to arm/disarm the panel from the plugin you'll need to verify that a valid PIN is configured and you'll also need to make the following config changes to the panel:

Code:
    Disable Primary Keypad Function without PIN
    (NX-584) Location 3, Segment 4, Data 6.
    (NX-8e)  Location 211, Segment 4, Data 6.

Enable Primary Keypad Function with PIN
    (NX-584) Location 3, Segment 4, Data 5.
    (NX-8e)  Location 211, Segment 4, Data 5.
    Finally, v3.1 now supports multiple partitions and gives you the ability to Arm/Disarm them individually. You'll need to open the plugins config window and notice a new tab labeled "Partition Mappings". In this tab simply enter the device code for the "trip" and "armed" status you'd like to represent each partition. Currently there is only one chime device, a future release will allow you to toggle the chime at individual partitions.

This version also fixes the Armed Away/Stay reporting issue that resurfaced. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

-Nitrox

When should we see it in the updater? Will it replace the 3.0.0 version, or will it be a new entry in the updater?

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by drodegeb
      When should we see it in the updater? Will it replace the 3.0.0 version, or will it be a new entry in the updater?
      It'll replace the 3.0.0 version in the updater. I just sent HST an email to see if there was an issue receiving the package I sent them on the 13th.

-Nitrox

Comment

Thanks Nitrox, I just checked the Updater and it is there now.

Comment

Since the changes below, how do I script arming the panel?

Second, this version now fully utilizes the PIN code that you enter during plugin config. Earlier versions used a different call to the panel which didn't require a PIN. So in order for you to arm/disarm the panel from the plugin you'll need to verify that a valid PIN is configured and you'll also need to make the following config changes to the panel:

Comment

relays

Will we be able to control the relays now on the caddx via this plugin?
            HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Since the changes below, how do I script arming the panel?
              Shoot! I'll get the scripting API updated ASAP and send you a copy.

-Nitrox

Comment

Originally posted by thymer
                Will we be able to control the relays now on the caddx via this plugin?
                I thought I fixed that issue back in v2.8? I have been losing my mind lately so I may be wrong but will double check when I get home.

-Nitrox

Comment

I also use scripting to arm/disarm the panel as well as toggle the chime. One thing I was hoping for was the ability to have separate HomeSeer devices to determine the armed state (away vs. stay) so we could trigger events based on the armed mode. I have a work around via a script so this isn't a very high priority.

Also, thank you very much for this updated plugin!

Regards,

BSR
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Dave,

Thanks again for the update. I am having a problem. I have HS Beta 2.1.6 and loaded Caddx 3.1. I lost all of my zone descriptions on the HS log page. Not a big deal, I will re-enter them. However, I no longer have a Caddx Panel selection at the the top of the log page. All other functions are working great.
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrox
                      I thought I fixed that issue back in v2.8? I have been losing my mind lately so I may be wrong but will double check when I get home.

-Nitrox
                      I just peeked at the source code and the "on-board" relays should be scriptable, or are you talking about the NX-507e and NX-508e add-on boards?

Code:
                      $hs->plugin("Caddx Plug-In")->ScriptIFace("Aux1");
                      Let me know if you still have issues.

-Nitrox

Comment

Originally posted by ka7gzr
                        Dave,

Thanks again for the update. I am having a problem. I have HS Beta 2.1.6 and loaded Caddx 3.1. I lost all of my zone descriptions on the HS log page. Not a big deal, I will re-enter them. However, I no longer have a Caddx Panel selection at the the top of the log page. All other functions are working great.
                        Jim
                        Thats odd, do you mean the zone "Name" is gone? These get populated each time you restart HS.

The 'Caddx Panel' pulldown at the top of the log page was removed due to a change in the HS2 API:

Adding menu items to the HomeSeer Windows UI is strongly discouraged.
                        The documentation is copied here "as is" from the previous API documentation in preparation for its complete phase-out in a future release.
                        -Nitrox

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrox
                          I just peeked at the source code and the "on-board" relays should be scriptable, or are you talking about the NX-507e and NX-508e add-on boards?

Code:
                          $hs->plugin("Caddx Plug-In")->ScriptIFace("Aux1");
                          Let me know if you still have issues.

-Nitrox
                          I have the two onboard relays on the NX8E. Acutally just using 1 (aux1 I believe) to control the garage door, that way I can use the Caddx fob to open and close the door. Would be nice to be able to do it from the browser interface too.

thanks!
                          HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Do you happen to have the updated API documented yet? Or at least the command to arm the partition?

Thanks,

Comment

Do you happen to have the updated API documented yet? Or at least the command to arm the partition?

Thanks,
                              This ended up needing a code change as well. I ran into an issue when passing multiple arguments to the object returned from a hs.Plugin() call. In the meantime, while HST and I investigate, I've changed the syntax to a one string argument that I then parse internally.

The changes will be in the updater soon but in the meantime if you want to send me a private message with your email address I'll email you the changed files.

-Nitrox

Comment

Working...
                              X