This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to access plugin

I ran the updater to get 3.1 and the first reboot I got the install active perl dialog. Now each time the machine reboots I get the following:

3/27/2006 8:08:22 PM Startup Checking for available plug-ins
    3/27/2006 8:08:22 PM Info Found plug-in: ActiveBackup Plugin, version: 2.0.0.22
    3/27/2006 8:08:22 PM Info Registering hspi_Caddx.dll with Windows
    3/27/2006 8:08:25 PM Error Unable to access plugin: hspi_Caddx.dll, try reinstalling plug-in

Since it does not register completly I do not get CADDX in the interfaces tab.

I tried to run the install again, but same result. Any sugestions?

Hmm, perhaps I've made the wording during the install confusing. The pop-up isn't asking to "install active perl...", it's actually asking "Do you ALREADY have Perl installed...". So during the install you should be clicking "No".

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes.

-Nitrox

Comment

New error

I re-installed and answered "NO" and get a new error. Every startup I get a pop-up box stating:

NOTICE:
      The config file syntax has changed in this version. Please re-config to update your settings.

When I click ok to the pop-up, nothing happens and I do not get any options in Homeseer to update (no config screen in the interfaces TAB), nor do I get any CADDX menu or events.

I changed location 211 to be with PIN. I have not changed anything else and version 3.0 worked great.

Comment

Did you go to the HS2 Setup->Interfaces Tab and then "activate" the Caddx plugin, and click "Save"?

Once you activate a plugin HS2 then will show the 'Config' button next to the plugin.

Let me know how you make out.

-Nitrox

Comment

Yes, the plug-in is activated but no config button.
          Attached is a screen shot:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gauthig
            The screen shot failed to make it.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by gauthig
              Interesting, is that screenshot from a remote computer or was that a browser on the actual HS2 machine? If it was a remote computer would you mind looking at it from the HS2 machine (or at least VNC or RemoteDesktop) and seeing if the config button then appears?

I've had communications with Rick about a 'check' that HS2 does to determine if the browser is local or not. On my setup here if I use a remote browser to view the interfaces tab, I'm not presented with a config button for the Caddx plugin. This is due (I suspect) to the fact that I'm still using the ConfigIO() API which opens a Win32.GUI window instead of a web form. Thus the need to config locally.

-Nitrox

Comment

Solved

Yes I connected via HTML server and not directly. I used VNC and brought up the interfaces tab and now see (and used) the config screen.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X