Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caddx NX-8E not responding to Homeseer or Premise Home Control (but it was!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddx NX-8E not responding to Homeseer or Premise Home Control (but it was!)

I wired up my new NX-8E following the diagram and Worthington's PDF. I connected to the panel using DL900 (just to see if it would connect) and I didn't make any changes. However, when I attempted to log off, the DL900 software said that the download password (the 848 number) didn't match. I double checked the instructions in the manual and I hadn't changed anything (through the DL900 software or the keypad).

I clicked cancel but couldn't find ANYWHERE in the software that showed a download password, much less one that didn't match the default one. I tried to log off again and was prompted with the same error. I did this repeatedly for nearly an hour before I just disconnected.

Of course, now I can't connect at all. With the DL900 software I was just getting a can't connect to panel error (now my download options are completely greyed out). I downloaded Premise Home Control (it is configured to work with Caddx) and it shows a communication error.

Neither programs have an appearant "Download Password" area so I can't even attempt to find out if that is even the problem.

The Caddx plugin doesn't even seem to realize that the Caddx panel isn't there. It sends commands and everything just like it works fine. I've disabled it to try and get at least one of them to connect correctly.

Yes, my cable configurations are correct.

Does anyone have any pointers? I've been working on this crap for nearly two weeks now and its about to drive me crazy.

Lets check the simple things first. Did you recently reset your system back to "factory defaults" via a keypad?

Also, look at this post for a possible comparison of your NX8e settings:

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?...=3914&hl=dl900

ARe you talking about the default password for the DL900? If so the DL-900 and Caddx basic default user is "caddx" with a password of "1234". When the DL-900 starts up, I think it will ask for this info twice.
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

the password DL900 popped up with when I attempted to log off was the "Download Access Code" which is default 84800000. That is the exactly number that the DL900 showed but it wouldn't let me log off saying that it didn't match.

if you mean load factory defaults by 910#, yes I have done that.

the DL900 software prompted me for two user/password combinations, the first i entered caddx 1234, the second i got from cocoon of supervisor 1234.

it connected to the panel the first time and i was able to view settings and stuff but now i dont get any response at all.

Comment

Originally posted by danes75
        if you mean load factory defaults by 910#, yes I have done that.
        I believe that if you load the factory defaults, it disables the serial port. You should check your location 207 data (I'm betting you don't have segment 1 showing).

Also, a lot of other settings need to be reset in order to talk via the Caddx Plugin (as shown in that post above).

If you already did this after you reset the panel, it's of course another problem we will have to explore.

Comment

Yes, I reconfigured the panel after reseting to default as per cocoon and the HS board.

I uninstalled the DL900 software, deleted the database, restarted, then reinstalled it. Now my Download->Connect->Direct Connect menu is available, but when I click on 586 i get "Comm Port Error!...1"

Just as a precaution, I checked my keypad settings and they are all correct. The serial port is enabled and everything seems to be configured to communicate.

Comment

Hmm, the only other things I can think of are:

Try another serial port on your computer
            Ring out the cable and check status on pins 2, 3, & 5
            Make sure no other software is trying to access the serial port you are using

I did have a serial port on my NX8e blow out after a lightning storm here a few years ago. It was weird, the system was armed and a huge lightning flash occurred right outside my den window.

My monitor "reset" (as if you degaussed it) and the NX8e (which was armed at the time) disarmed itself. (I actually felt the "static" on my arms).

After that I could not connect to the board via the serial port. All else worked except for that. I wish I could remember the error I was getting at that time.

Did you happen to disconnect the panel recently? Any hardware changes that are noteable?

Comment

I have some instances which I could not communicate with the Caddx NX-8e panel. One thing to try is to disconnect power including battery power from the panel and let it restart. The sequence on restart should be battery first and then the AC. Then boot the DL900.
              Jim

Comment

i haven't made any changes to the panel, its brand new.

i disconnected the power and the battery and then restarted it. Still no change.

when the DL900 software returns a "Comm Port Error" notice, is it for the panel or for the PC? I've tried it on multiple computers and still get that error, but I don't know if its some general message that could mean anything or if it actually means there's something not set up right with the serial ports on my computer (again, its been on two different computers now).

UPDATE: Ok, so Homeseer was using the COM port and that was the error for that. Now that I've shut down HS, the DL900 software attempts to connect but gives "Error writing data to module number 0.....0"
                Last edited by ; April 12, 2006, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I think one of two things is happening:

Your settings in the NX8e panel are not matching the DL900 (com port, ASCII, baud rate, etc...) or the cable is not correct (is the red stripe on the ribbon cable adapter towards the bottom of the NX8e board?)

Here are the settings that I use for HomeSeer (via Nitrox's plugin):

Location___Segment__________________Data___________________
                  207__________1__________Serial Port Enabled
                  208__________2__________9600 Baud (make sure DL900 matches)
                  209__________1__________ASCII Mode (make sure DL900 matches)
                  210__________1__________(All Segments Off for DL900 Software)
                  211__________1__________2,4,5,6,7,8
                  211__________2__________1,2,3
                  211__________3__________1,2
                  211__________4__________4,6,7,8

Note location 210, it needs to have all segments off when communicating with the DL900 software. Also note that you have to have the DL900 mode in ASCII (vs. Binary). So when I communicate with the DL900 (after closing HomeSeer) I actually change that location with the keypad before connecting.

These are the settings I had luck with.

Regards,

BSR

Comment

This may sound dumb, but when you say "bottom", which bottom? My board is mounted in the can vertically. The plug in question is located in the lower back corner. I currently have the red stripe, if looking at board from overhead, on the bottom of the right side. I have also tried it on the top left (bottom of the board if viewed from the connectors).

I have also read different setups where the 2 & 3 lines should be switched and some where they worked fine not being reversed, and with a null modem. I have no null modem and have 2 & 3 reversed:

2 -> 3
                    3 -> 2
                    5 -> 5

Comment

Working...
                    X