X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to use alarm zones in an event?

Hello all,
    This is probably a dumb question, but I don't see an answer. I recently just got my homeseer machine up and running, and have been able to get it to talk to my caddx alarm. Homeseer can see the zones open and close. I did a quick test event, since I am just learning this new language.

I told home seer to turn on my computer room light, when it saw a
    "CHANGE TO ANY STATUS" on zone #5, which is my computer room window.

Now I open the window, and sure enough, homeseer turns on the light. I close the window, and home seer turns on the light. "any status change" open or closed, turns on the light.

Homeseer marks the zones as "closed" OR "faulted". Open is falted, and closed is closed.

My question is how are you determining the difference between the zone being open, and the zone being closed? THere is no choice for "just closed" or "just Falted"

Any help would be great. Can someone just push me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Michael

You should be able to use "Changed to On" and "change to Off", on being window open, Off being window closed. I personally use DooMotion, it makes it a bit easier.

Comment

Originally posted by drodegeb
      You should be able to use "Changed to On" and "change to Off", on being window open, Off being window closed. I personally use DooMotion, it makes it a bit easier.
      OK, thanks for the answer. I actually did stumble into it very late last night. The on & off are kinda weird for open and closed, or faulted and closed. I guess it will be something I will just have to get used to. I am use to starglish, which was a term from using JDS stargate logic. I am new to homeseer.

Can you give a short description of what dooMotion is? Is it a plugin, or a setting in homeseer somewhere I haven't found yet? Just point me off in the right direction, and I will research from there.

Thanks,
      Michael

Comment

Never mind,

I found DooMotion, and I am reading up on it now. Thanks!

MIchael

Comment

DooMotion works really well for Occupancy Sensors to run on/off lights, control the thermosts, arm the alarm, etc..

Comment

Working...
          X