X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to arm alarm with event?

Another noobie question please...
    I have Been at it most of the night. I cannot figure out how to arm my alarm by pressing a button on my master bedroom headboard contronlinc.

I found a small script that had me create 3 virtual devices, one for armed STAY, one for armed AWAY, and the third for disarmed. I got the script to work, and now the three virtual devices update when you toggle the alarm between modes.

From the STATUS screen, I have three buttons to control partition 1 on my alarm, Stay, Disarm, Away. Now I have three more buttons, virtual Stay, virtual Disarm, and virtual Away.

From the status screen, you can click on the original buttons, and toggle the alarm through the three modes. While you do this, the script will run in the background, and update the on/off status of the three new virtual devices. This seems to be working.

From the status screen, turning the virtual devices on/off, do NOTHING with the alarm, and do not run the script?

Now, trying to set up an event, I want to take the action of arming the alarm, but the three original actual device buttons Stay, Disarm, Away are not in the drop down list to select?$^%#@!

I think I need to select the new virtual devices, as they are in the drop down list, but as mentioned above, they do nothing?????

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Michael

You need a script to arm/disarm

If I understand you correctly you will still need a script to arm/disarm your alarm. Look at this link for the scripting instructions http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=91753.

If you want to use your virtual devices to arm/disarm you will need an event that runs the script to arm/disarm
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv
      If I understand you correctly you will still need a script to arm/disarm your alarm. Look at this link for the scripting instructions http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=91753.

If you want to use your virtual devices to arm/disarm you will need an event that runs the script to arm/disarm
      I'm not quite sure why I needed the virtual devices, I just set them up as per the example I had, trying to solve this problem. It is clear now I went in the wrong direction. But I did get basic script knowledge out of it, so it was not a total lost.

Running those small scripts sounds like what I need to do. I will try that tonight when I get home. This whole homeseer logic/script business is quite a learning curve(hehe). Way different than the old stargate logic I was used to. Is there a tutorial on writing scripts for noobies somewhere? Ahh well.....

Thanks for your answer.

Michael
      Last edited by swanie2000; August 25, 2006, 09:53 AM.

Comment

It sounds like you want to arm your caddx system when you push a button (send an X-10 command). I don't use the latest and greatest plugin version or HomeSeer 2.1, but shown below is how you would accomplish this task using HomeSeer 1.7 and an older version of this plugin (just not sure if it will work with the newer versions).

Create a script by cutting and pasting the text below in notepad and save it in your HomeSeer/Scripts directory as "Caddx Arm Stay Mode Only.txt".

Code:
        sub main()

hs.plugin("Caddx Plug-In").ScriptIFace "Arm Stay"  'Arm Caddx in Stay Mode

end sub
        Now create a HomeSeer event that will trigger on an X-10 command (I use A-16 ON in the example screen shots below).

Then go to the "Scripts/Speech" tab and place that newly created script in the dialog box so that script will run on the event trigger (as shown in the second screen shot below).

Now close the dialog boxes. When you press A-16 ON, the system will arm in stay mode.

For Arm Away and Disarm commands just replace the "Arm Stay" in the script above with "Arm Away" or "Disarm".

Hope this helps.

BTW, Good to see another "Las Vegas" resident on the board!

BSR
        Attached Files
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin
          It sounds like you want to arm your caddx system when you push a button (send an X-10 command). I don't use the latest and greatest plugin version or HomeSeer 2.1, but shown below is how you would accomplish this task using HomeSeer 1.7 and an older version of this plugin (just not sure if it will work with the newer versions).

Create a script by cutting and pasting the text below in notepad and save it in your HomeSeer/Scripts directory as "Caddx Arm Stay Mode Only.txt".

Code:
          sub main()

hs.plugin("Caddx Plug-In").ScriptIFace "Arm Stay" 'Arm Caddx in Stay Mode

end sub
          Now create a HomeSeer event that will trigger on an X-10 command (I use A-16 ON in the example screen shots below).

Then go to the "Scripts/Speech" tab and place that newly created script in the dialog box so that script will run on the event trigger (as shown in the second screen shot below).

Now close the dialog boxes. When you press A-16 ON, the system will arm in stay mode.

For Arm Away and Disarm commands just replace the "Arm Stay" in the script above with "Arm Away" or "Disarm".

Hope this helps.

BTW, Good to see another "Las Vegas" resident on the board!

BSR
          Thanks,
          I will look into these little scripts when I get home tonight. It looks like running a bunch of small, one line scripts, seems to be the normal approach with homeseer.

I will most likely have to do the same thing when it comes to re-setting up my RCS serial thermostats. From what I have read so far, the RCS plug in is about 50% there.

I used to run everything with my JDS stargate, but every since I switched to all new insteon switchlincs, my stargate has been useless. I finally had to break down and put a machine in my closet, and learn Homeseer. So far, I really like it, just need to learn the basics, and I will be fine.

Thanks again for the help.

Michael

Comment

I have been unable to get the scripting function to work with HS2 at all, either in script from or in using script statements. My arm/disarm buttons do work. I thought this was something Nitrox was working on.

Comment

Set up scripting in the plugin

Originally posted by Alconnell
              I have been unable to get the scripting function to work with HS2 at all, either in script from or in using script statements. My arm/disarm buttons do work. I thought this was something Nitrox was working on.
              Scripting works fine for arm/disarm and to trigger the aux1 and aux1. You need to make sure the plugin has the "Allow scripting" checkbox checked. Do you?
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

It's checked off.

Here's the error i get when I try to run the above script:
                Running script, script run or compile error in file: c-2146232832:Can't locate public method IPC_Send(System.String, System.Object) for HSPI_CADDX.HSPI in line 3 More info: Can't locate public method IPC_Send(System.String, System.Object) for HSPI_CADDX.HSPI

I'm running 3.1.32 for the plug-in. My recollection is that this worked up until the latest version.

Comment

Hmmm, I was hoping all was well with the new plugin and the latest version of HomeSeer. This plugin's reliability and functionality working with HomeSeer 2.1 is a major factor keeping me from upgrading (currently using HomeSeer 1.7.43).
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Actually BSR,
                    The error I referred to was using the old hs.plugin function. Using hs.GetPlugins, a different error is generated:
                    Running script, init error: Object required: 'hs.GetPlugins(...)'
                    And back in May, Nitrox said he was working on this issue. Any news David?

Comment

Working...
                    X