• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon,
    The DL900 graphic did not appear.
    Jim

Comment

Gordon,
      I got it when I refreshed. I also have the automation selection on my NX-590e.
      Jim

Comment

Right, at this point I'm just not sure if working automation code is in the current firmware rev I have on my board. We'll have to test. I suppose I could open a listening on my Linux box and see what/if anything gets sent...
        |
        | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
        HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

How is current status of NX-590e support by Homeseer ?

Comment

Gordon, I'll email you for more info on the firmware. I still need to purchase a board to test with and want to make sure I get one with the proper firmware.

-Nitrox

Comment

I have a 590 board it is about a year old would I be able to flash th e upgrade for newer features

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm looking into enabling Home automation of my Caddx NX-8 V2 system. I could add an NX-584 and be done with it, but the idea of using an NX-590E instead is intresting.

One thing that would be interesting besides the HomeAutomation is that my internet service is through WiMax. This is a highspeed broadband connection that is wireless. My thinking is that I could use 590E to report along with dialup backup. If someone cut the phone line, I'd still have reporting going on with the WiMax connection.

So is there any support for the 590?

Comment

Hightest, I was never able to get my hands on a 590 with the complete automation firmware so I haven't done any development with the unit thus far.

-Nitrox

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Would be fantastic if GE Security would see clear to allowing customers access to the newer firmware. Getting a dealer to assist is nearly impossible it seems, so why restrict us to deal with just the dealer?

Guess I'll check back on the 590E at a future date. If GE could answer our questions now, or at least make it easier for us to get to updates for the hardware, they might sell more of them.

Comment

I have a 590e board with the latest firmware and doesn't have any features for Home Automation. I believe it was Caddx's intention to do that but it may have died with the GE aquisition. I still like my 590e as it allows remote access via the DL900 software.
                      Jim

Comment

While reviewing a competing product that has now been released as "free" due to the companies discontinuation of support, I noted that it appears to support the 590E.

This software is Motorola Premise 2.1 which has both the full blown dealer edition for free download, but also the driver development kit. In addition a Yahoo Groups community has started to continue "unoffical support" of this product.

http://www.premisesystems.com

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PremiseSYSCommunity/

The reason that I bring this up, is that when examining the DL900 software readme file, I noticed the following cryptic statement.

"Changes to 2.19
                        From 2.18.1

1) Changed disconnect sequence to help with LCD text transfer using direct connect or TCP/IP.

2) Added locations to NX-590 for premise server"

In addition, when reviewing the DL900 software, there is a selectable field to program the 590E for the IP address of the Premise Server, interesting! If one could figure out the method of the protocol, perhaps the HomeSeer Servers IP address could be entered instead and 590E native support provided in your plug in.

Also interesting and quite promising is that the DL900 software was recently upgraded to a newer version, 2.20, just last month. For those that have an earlier version, they'll want to login and download the latest version. You do have to register, but I was able to do that as a residential homeowner and still receive access to the software downloads. http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/sit...00592d7003RCRD

The 2.20 software also has a section that looks like it's for upgrading the firmware of the 590E. For those of you testing, with an older 590E firmware, check to see if this does actually perform the upgrade you require.

Good luck on the search for additional information and also let me know how this goes! I'm seriously looking at purchasing a 590E, especially if the pluggin is upgraded to allow communications using the 590E.

Comment

HighTest,
                          Thanks for the path to the new v2.20 DL900! I updated this evening. The DL900 software has had a means to upgrade the 590e firmware for some time. It is not part of the DL900 software, but allows the DL900 to "Flash" the 590e module. The DL900 software requires a separate file (.img) to upgrade the NX-590e.
                          I only wish for more functionality...
                          Jim

Comment

Has anyone gotten this to work yet?

Comment

Working...
                            X