This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CheaperRFID Low Profile Antenna

Does the CheaperRFID Low Profile Antenna boost transmission range, compared to the blue wire fully extended outside the case? Or does it just provide a neater alternative to the blue wire?

Thanks,

-jim.

Jim, it does a couple things:

1. Provides a neater look to the package
    2. Provides more stable transmission
    3. Somtimes because of reason 2 above, range can be increased

PiperPilot

Comment

I have a 12V 40m transmitter installed in the headliner of my car, 110' from my antenna (homemade cross antenna following directions elsewhere on this forum, wall wart for receiver). The transmitter has the blue wire fully extended.

Despite being within 40m, and despite others' success at far further than that, I don't reliably detect the car's arrival, and I get sporadic dropouts. I'm wondering if the stub antennas would help? Or if there are any other things I could try?

Thanks!

Comment

I was having sporadic problems with my transmitters (3 40m and 3 8m). I replaced the batteries with fresh ones and reliablity is very good. I don't think that the batteries that come with the units are of good quaility or they are not fresh. Just something to try. It seemed to work for me.
        Thanks,

T.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but mine are hard wired (terminal block)...

Comment

Working...
          X