This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serial - usb

Is it possible to use a serial to USB adapter for use with the CheaperRFID receiver ? Because i have only one RS232 connector at my PC, but lots of USB connections. The only RS232 is used by HS. The adapter is shown at the bottom.

Wil
    Attached Files

I don't know about the one in your pic, but I use an Edgeport USB-to-Serial adpater and it works great. I got mine off eBay a while back.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The one i'm talking about comes with a driver witch has to be installed before using it. The added picture is just an example.

Wil

Comment

I use an adapter from TrendNet for several of my serial devices, including the Cheaper receiver. It also comes with a driver that must be installed first. I've had no problems using it with XP. My advice is to try the adapter and see how it works.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

As Uncle Michael said, you won't know until you try it, or test the voltage output. Check back a few months, there was a thread that I posted on how to test the voltage output of the USB-Serial to see if it will power the receiver. You can always use a USB-Serial adapter, you just might have to provide 9V to the receiver directly instead of powering via serial from the computer.

Comment

Working...
          X