This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirecTV Plug-In

This is a new compact .NET2\.NET3.5 plug-in built using strict adherence to HomeSeer's plug-in API, ensuring future generations of plug-in will take full advantage new features in HomeSeer when available.

This plug-in uses protocols establish and publish by DirecTV in the DTV-MD-0058 Revision 2.2 document dated March 5th, 2008.

This plugin performs all basic functions such as power on\off switching and channel selection via a USB 2.0 data port (DirecTV Side) and a RS-232 port adapter (IOGEAR part #:GUC232A) connected to a serial port on the computer, and support for multiple tuners is planned. The IOGEAR adapter is specified by DirecTV as a supported adapter because of built in drivers, and the only device tested by my plug-in.

Set-Top Boxes supported by this protocol and plug-in are as follows:

D10-100, D10-200, D10 300, D11-100, D12-100, D11-300.
    D11-500, R15-100, R15-300, R15-500, R16-300, H10.
    H20-100, H20-600, H21-100, H21-200, HR20-100
    HR20-700, HR21-100, HR21-200, HR21-700, HR21P-200.

Simple commands can be sent via Events or scripts to the plug-in.

This is a no frills plug-in, designed to perform reliably and quickly. Configuration INI file stores configs such as Debug-Log to file option. Configuration web page is accessed through HomeSeer's Setup-Interface link using standard HomeSeer API rather than ASPX and additional files.

This plug-in is new and is only supported on devices listed above, so please use the trial period to verify it's functionality on your setup before purchasing.

Last edited by lpitman; June 22, 2009, 07:40 AM.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Silly question, sorry

I have bought the serial - usb adaptor specified.

What are you using to connect that to your serial port (since both are male)?

Are you using a null modem cable or a gender bender?

Thanks
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
      Silly question, sorry

I have bought the serial - usb adaptor specified.

What are you using to connect that to your serial port (since both are male)?

Are you using a null modem cable or a gender bender?

Thanks
      Yes, I am using a null (I'm pretty sure) modem cable from the adapter to a Edgeport-8 which is usb attached to the PC.
      -Larry

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Thanks, that's what i thought.

one more quick question, you mention support for multiple receivers, is there an eta on that ?

Neil

Comment

There is support for the listed boxes now, according to the publish API from DirecTV.

Oh I see (Multible Tuners)...this refers to a DVR type boxes that 2-tuners inside, I have not attempted to add that support yet.
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

So with this plugin i would be able to control 2 seperate DTV Tuners/Receivers independantly correct?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
              So with this plugin i would be able to control 2 seperate DTV Tuners/Receivers independantly correct?

Thanks

As you can see in my previous post:

I have not attempted to add that support yet.
              It is my intention to add support sometime in the future, but I couldn't tell you when...I first must obtain a dual tuner DVR so that I could test.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Ok, i have received my IOgear adaptor and bought a null modem cable.

Is there a trick to plugging the adaptor into the DTV box? i.e. any setup required?

I ask because the plugin shows as connected but nothing happens when i send a command.

Thanks

Comment

Steps Are:

1. Install Adapter on unit.

2. Power cycle unit to get it to recognize the adapter.

3. Verify comport on computer.

4. Disable - then Enable plug-in so that plug-in can initialize comport from step 3.
                  -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Sorry about this Larry,

I am having no luck here. Let me ask you, when you plug the adaptor into the dtv box and restart it does the led on the adaptor light up? Mine does not, i have double checked and my box is one of the ones you have listed as compatible so not sure what is going wrong here.

Comment

Let me check when I get home tonight.
                      -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Also go here and download the dtvcon.exe program and run it to see if it communicates with the DTV Box.

http://www.dtvcontrol.com/
                        -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

DirectTV through a network connect?

Any plans on allowing some interaction for HomeSeer with Direct TV through the internet connect, the app for iPhone and Android does? That would be nice

Comment

Any updtes to this?

Would love to see more work on it....
                            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by ViperJD View Post
                              Any plans on allowing some interaction for HomeSeer with Direct TV through the internet connect, the app for iPhone and Android does? That would be nice
                              I will have to research...what I need is to have an API published from DirecTV that shows the command structure for internet connect.
                              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                              X