Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Using IP to talk with DirecTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using IP to talk with DirecTV

I found a DirecTV Public Beta IP Command Set Document, for using IP to send commands to STV boxes that are equipped with an ethernet port. Hopefully I can gleen enough info to add some IP capabilities to the plug-in.

Not a promise, but I will investigate.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
    I found a DirecTV Public Beta IP Command Set Document, for using IP to send commands to STV boxes that are equipped with an ethernet port. Hopefully I can gleen enough info to add some IP capabilities to the plug-in.

Not a promise, but I will investigate.
    Sweet!

Thanks for working on this!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I just upgraded to HD with Directv. My receiver is an HR24-100 and is on my internal network. Will this plug-in talk to this model receiver?

Thanks
      HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
      64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
      Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Don't know for sure, but try it...you can evaluate plug-in before buying.

IP is still being investigated...but API and examples are JAVA and Web based which is not my strong point. I am fairly good at VB (most of the time). But we will see how it progresses.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

FYI.

I just I would post that I am making some progress on an IP version of plug-in. So far I have commands working being sent to STB, but responses need some work.
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Larry, how goes the IP work? I'm finially ready to automate my HR23-700 so I'm looking forward to the update.

-John

Comment

Originally posted by johnoc View Post
              Larry, how goes the IP work? I'm finially ready to automate my HR23-700 so I'm looking forward to the update.

-John
              The IP version will send commands to receiver, but I can not get responses correctly...I am trying some new ideas...hopefully I will have a beta soon.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

How's the alpha coming and any idea on when a beat will be done? I would rather get your ip plugin verses programming an GC-IP2IR.

Comment

Larry, Just checking in to see if you've had any luck with the plug-in talking over IP? I haven't had much time lately to mess with my setup, but hope to this weekend. I may just go ahead and order the USB to Serial device and use that (I believe my HR23-700 has a USB port?). Do you know if the serial protocol works on the HR23?

Thanks...

John

Comment

How is the status of this one coming? I would love to help you if your still having issues. Otherwise I am gonna have to write my own plugin... and I rather not start from scratch

Comment

Sounds like you may have to run with this one as I think we are on our own.
                      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                        Sounds like you may have to run with this one as I think we are on our own.
                        I think I have conned someone into taking a look at our needs..
                        stand-by... Help is on the way
                        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro

Comment

New DirecTV plugin

the new DirecTV plugin for HS3 is ready: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1152

Comment

Works GREAT w/ my GENIE !! Thanks !
                            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X