This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using IP to talk with DirecTV

I found a DirecTV Public Beta IP Command Set Document, for using IP to send commands to STV boxes that are equipped with an ethernet port. Hopefully I can gleen enough info to add some IP capabilities to the plug-in.

Not a promise, but I will investigate.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
    I found a DirecTV Public Beta IP Command Set Document, for using IP to send commands to STV boxes that are equipped with an ethernet port. Hopefully I can gleen enough info to add some IP capabilities to the plug-in.

Not a promise, but I will investigate.
    Sweet!

Thanks for working on this!
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I just upgraded to HD with Directv. My receiver is an HR24-100 and is on my internal network. Will this plug-in talk to this model receiver?

Thanks
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Don't know for sure, but try it...you can evaluate plug-in before buying.

IP is still being investigated...but API and examples are JAVA and Web based which is not my strong point. I am fairly good at VB (most of the time). But we will see how it progresses.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

FYI.

I just I would post that I am making some progress on an IP version of plug-in. So far I have commands working being sent to STB, but responses need some work.
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Larry, how goes the IP work? I'm finially ready to automate my HR23-700 so I'm looking forward to the update.

-John

Comment

Originally posted by johnoc View Post
              Larry, how goes the IP work? I'm finially ready to automate my HR23-700 so I'm looking forward to the update.

-John
              The IP version will send commands to receiver, but I can not get responses correctly...I am trying some new ideas...hopefully I will have a beta soon.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

How's the alpha coming and any idea on when a beat will be done? I would rather get your ip plugin verses programming an GC-IP2IR.

Comment

Larry, Just checking in to see if you've had any luck with the plug-in talking over IP? I haven't had much time lately to mess with my setup, but hope to this weekend. I may just go ahead and order the USB to Serial device and use that (I believe my HR23-700 has a USB port?). Do you know if the serial protocol works on the HR23?

Thanks...

John

Comment

How is the status of this one coming? I would love to help you if your still having issues. Otherwise I am gonna have to write my own plugin... and I rather not start from scratch

Comment

Sounds like you may have to run with this one as I think we are on our own.
                      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                        Sounds like you may have to run with this one as I think we are on our own.
                        I think I have conned someone into taking a look at our needs..
                        stand-by... Help is on the way
                        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

New DirecTV plugin

the new DirecTV plugin for HS3 is ready: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1152

Comment

Works GREAT w/ my GENIE !! Thanks !
                            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Working...
                            X