This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doo_guestbook error

I tried to get Doo_Guestbook running and I keep getting an error. Here is part of the error:

Script error: Illegal assignment: 'strPageTitle'

Dim guestdate
    Dim guesttime
    Dim guestname
    Dim guestip
    Dim guestcomments
    Dim rowstyle
    Dim strQry

On Error Resume Next

strWhen = Request.Form("date")
    If strWhen = "" Then strWhen = "Today"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I just took a look and the guestbook package contains included files. I added these a couple of years ago when the ASP include files were recently developed.

I suspect that these files are older and may have overwritten the newer versions so try downloading the include files again from the updater. This should not require a HomeSeer restart.

Let me know if that works. Meanwhile, I will remove those files from the ZIP. Even if that is not the root of the problem, it is not a good idea for these include files to be distrbuted within the zip.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim:

I downloaded the updated "Includes file" from HS but that still did not fix the problem. I am still receiving the same error message.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

No time to debug this right now. I did a test on my machine and everything works so troubleshooting becomes a little more difficult.

If someone sees the problem, I can find time to edit the ASP accordingly and repost.
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Mike,

One thing you could try is to open the guestbook asp in Notepad adn search for strPageTitle. Look for the second occurrence and change it from strPageTitle to CStr(strPageTitle). Also make sure that you have the latest version of Microsoft VBScript installed.
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim:

Thanks for the help. I was away on vacation so I just had the chance to try your modification in the Guest.asp file and that fixed it.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X