This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Browser Support

I have been putting off adding direct support for non-IE browsers only because I anticipated a lot of work to do this. As time passed, it seemed that the non-IE browsers were beginning to work nearly seamlessly with my IE-optimized web code. However, I am still getting reports of where web pages are not behaving well.

So, please provide examples (screen prints, error messages, etc.) so that I can begin to provide non-IE browser support.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

DooNetwork

Leopard 10.5.6

Firefox 3.0.5
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dnfirefox.png
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1155394

Safari 3.2.1

Name:	dnsafari.png
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1155395

Comment

It my not be that difficult after all. Is this what the page looks like when you first display it or is it after you make some selection?
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

This is the page after i have selected a network device

Comment

OK. Try new version of DooNetwork at http://www.doosoft.com/downloads.php.
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Error on load of latest DooNetwork

1/2/2009 9:40:58 PM - Error - Initializing interface: DooMotion->Public member 'link' on type 'ad' not found.
            1/2/2009 9:42:35 PM - WARNING - Plug-in: DooNetwork provided no link for registered link name: (No Link Text for DooNetwork)

Comment

What version of HS are you using? What version is being shown in HS for DooNetwork?
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

With version 2.3.0.1 just issues with the width on some of the text boxes
                [ATTACH]18792[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]18791[/ATTACH]

Comment

Well, it looks fine with FireFox 3.0.5 on a PC. So, I guess I'll have to make some adjustments based upon what I am learning about browsers and post another build for you to check out.
                  Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                  My Hardware & Software

Comment

I found an older link regarding Mac FireFox and fieldset issues. I use fieldsets for the setting groups. Not sure what I need to do. I got another build I could let you try but it only had some minor modifications that had no effect (which is a good thing) on PC FireFox and IE.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

OK. I uploaded 2.3.0.2 but download page still shows 2.3.0 since this is only minor cosmetic changes attempting to correct Mac FireFox browser issues.
                      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,

Just tried with Firefox 3.0.5 on Mac and Ubuntu and seems to be ok now.
                        Safari 3.2.1 still has issue.

Name:	dnsafari3.png
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1155415

Thanks Brian

Comment

DooMotion 2.2.115.0

Name:	Picture 1.png
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1155417

Comment

Just started on DooMotion non-IE web support as well as some new features and old bug fixes. Lots more to do with it.

BTW, the newer versions of the browsers seem to be accepting IE non-standard coding becuase so far all I have done is made sure that I tags are balanced and placed well. I found a lot of mistakes that apparently IE corrected for me on-the-fly.

I have been putting this off because I thought I would have to rewrite a lot of JavaScript code that controls how sections of the page appear/disapper. I haven't had to do any of that thus far.
                            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                            X