This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Doolittle View Post
    D*mnit! OK, I found one of the problems. I kept looking at the difference in coding between CmdSetMode and CmdSetPollingInterval and see a missing "Not" which makes all the difference in the world. I will now look at CmdSetAbsMaxTemp code and likely find some similar issue.

I should be able to post another build with the fixes shortly.
    Thanks for letting me know so quickly. You should know, and it may be irrelevant, that when the XML is manually edited (AbsMaxSet), it reverts to 44 on it's own, I think on restart; and in the interrim, ignores the setting I want. AbsMinSet may do the same, I don't remember, and now that I'm into heat mode, changing back to cool to check would erase my statistics on fuel useage.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I started to say that I don't plan on supporting manual edits of the XML. However, if someone does this while HomeSeer is shut down, I suppose I don't have a problem and in that case, DooStat should read the new value and use it upon start up. I just don't want to support dynamic editing of these files while HomeSeer is running.
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Moved Some Posts to DooStat Forum

Wadenut,

I moved our discussion to a thread in the DooStat forum. It may be more complicated to fix the AbsMax/AbsMin issues.
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

gotcha.
          Meantime, I'll try a 'shutdown' edit. Should have thought of that.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Another problem w/DooMotion that I didn't see mentioned

I am experiencing a problem with DooMotion to where I accidently assigned one of my Z-Wave Devices as a Motion Sensor Device from within the DooMotion plugin, I changed it back (Made it a normal z-wave device again) but the ICON and status still reflects a motion sensor, I've erased from the device list and also from the DooMotion plugin. then added it back by going throught z-waves "import devices" (I have the Aeon Labs z-stick) it seams to always come back as the same name that I origionally named it "Foyer Light" and the motion ICON and status will not go away !! I'm needing some assistance with this if there is anyone out there that has a work around for me... Please help !

Thank you,
            Charles

Comment

Setting the device string to an empty string should do the trick. Not sure why DooMotion didn't do this. What is the house code of the device?
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

House code is "Q" that's what the ZWave Plugin assigned it..

I tried changing the device string through "control", that didn't work it just changed right back

I am running:HomeSeer Version:Professional Edition 2.3.0.129

Comment

I'm still having difficulty with this... Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Comment

Figured it out !

I got it !!!

What I had to do was erase the device from the DooMotion Plugin which also erased it from HS Device list, then I had to add it using the ZWave Import, then Change the name on it hit save and that's what fixed it... Kinda of a round about way but at least it works now....

Comment

Ignore All On/Off Not Working

Only just saw this post (oops) so I would like to add the issue I posted separately here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138669

"Jim

I am on HS Pro 2.4 and DooMotion 2.3.5. I have noticed that DooMotion is still executing CAC even though I have the "Ignore X10 All On/Off Commands"
                      button ticked.

Restarting HS does not make a difference.

Hope you're able to find/fix this issue. Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks "
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                        Only just saw this post (oops) so I would like to add the issue I posted separately here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138669

"Jim

I am on HS Pro 2.4 and DooMotion 2.3.5. I have noticed that DooMotion is still executing CAC even though I have the "Ignore X10 All On/Off Commands"
                        button ticked.

Restarting HS does not make a difference.

Hope you're able to find/fix this issue. Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks "
                        I am not sure what your issue is. If you have "Ignore X10 All On/Off Commands" ticked but yet CAC fires when the trigger code for the sensor is received, then you are misinterpreting the meaning of "Ignore X10 All On/Off Commands". CAC is executed all the time the trigger code of the sensor is received unless it is disabled for debugging purposes. Otherwise, one would simply not define any CAC for a given sensor.

The "Ignore X10 All On/Off Commands" is to ignore the X10 All commands which typically occur with X10 manual controller units. For example, you press the "A All Off" button on an X10 mini-controller and all A?? devices are turned off including motion sensors using the A house code. This may be undesirable for motion sensors hence the addition of the feature.

With that said, if you are interpreting the command correctly and HS is receiving All On/Off commands for a given housecode and DooMotiotn is acting on those commands whilst the "Ignore X10 All On/Off Commands" is checked for given sensors, then I have a bug to deal with.
                        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Doolittle View Post
                          With that said, if you are interpreting the command correctly and HS is receiving All On/Off commands for a given housecode and DooMotiotn is acting on those commands whilst the "Ignore X10 All On/Off Commands" is checked for given sensors, then I have a bug to deal with.
                          Jim,

Apologies, I should have been clearer in my original post. Yes, I am interpreting the command correctly and the issue is that I occasionally see an X10 All Off command which fires the CAC and turns off all the lighting. So I agree there might be a bug.

Is there anything I can do on my side to help capture data to aid you in troubleshooting?

Regards
                          Nicolai
                          Nicolai L

Comment

As far as I can tell, DM is ignoring All Units Off, All Lights Off and All Lights On. If I suppose it would be helpful if you turned debugging on and provided a snippet from the DATA\DooMotion\debug.log file indicating the information provided to DM from HS. It may be that HS is sending X10 On or Off and plug-in is responding as it should.

Note that if you are receiving "A All Off" commands and have lights that use the "A" housecode, DM cannot stop them from turning them off. HS handles that processing.

*** UPDATE ***

Issue confirmed and wil be fixed in Version 2.4.
                            Last edited by Jim Doolittle; December 3, 2009, 01:35 PM.
                            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                            X