This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

controlling pgm out for door strike activation

I'm looking at adding a controlled door strike for the front door (and eventually all of the exterior doors). I have two questions about this:

1. is there a way to give HS control or awareness of the high powered pgm output built into the power832/864 board? I want to connect the door strike to the dsc system because I have the dsc intercom system, and the exterior station has a relay that can be activated by any of the interior intercom stations. I'd like to give HS control over it as well, however, so that RFID tags can unlock the door when you approach w/ arms full of groceries, or so that the deadbolts can be locked automatically every night or on the armed setting, and so on.

2. the other question is regarding the pgm output on the power 832 panel...does anyone know what the power specs (amps/volts) are on that?

Thanks,

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

I'm checking into this.

Bob

Comment

I looked into this and it is very simple to do programatically in the DSC Panel Plug-in. I have been looking at door strikes myself. Have you installed the door strikes?

Comment

no, haven't installed it yet, I wanted to wait and make sure HS would be able to control the pgm out. I'll probably install it this weekend, If I can get around to it. This would be great, because now I can activate the door strike from HS or from any DSC intercom station!
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I'll try to do an intermediate upgrade to the current DSC Plug-in to control the PGM outputs. In other words rather than wait on the 2.0 .NET version to be complete, I'll add the PGM output feature to the current version and release that before the 2.0 .NET version

Remember, the DSC Panel Plug-in 1.1 .NET version will run under HS2.0 or HS2.1 as long as 1.1 .NET is installed.

Comment

was this ever added

I am trying to figure out how to do this - was this ever added?

Comment

Working...
            X