This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

I am installing my HS on a new computer. I decided to start from scratch and clean everything as I went. I installed the new ver. of HS and everything was working good. When I installed the Elk plug-in, my HS has quit working. I am getting the following errors:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:11 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:15 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device: Kitchen Single Overhead Can Light (K3) ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:15 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:15 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:15 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:15 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/22/2006 11:23:15 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>In CommitDeviceStatusNow-Inner Loop at line 37 More: Index was outside the bounds of the array.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

When I tried to set up the conf. for the plug in, it will not let me change the com port setting. When I change it to ethernet and the ip address of 192.168.0.104, the Log in shows that HS is trying to connect on serial com port 192.

Any Ideas?

I have restarted HS several times and also restarted the pc.

Thanks

steve

Steve,
    This was asked this morning and Rich stated that the Elk plugin is creating devices without a house and unit code. Find these devices and delete them and it should put you back in business.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp- I tried to delete the house codes, and I could not delete them.

I decided to also post my problem here since it appears to be related to the Elk plug-in and not with HS.

I forgot to add the house codes that I could not delete in my orignal post.

they are house codes 1,2,3

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Do you have anything else competing with the serial port? Maybe try a different one?

Also you don't have the Elk's RP program running at the same time correct?

Also, did you see this post?

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...309#post723101
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

please send me your hs MDB file that your devices are saved in. I can delete them. I am working on a fix for this.

I would suspect that this is related to a problem between the latest version of HS and the M1 plug-in. I am working on a fix and hope to post that version tonight.

Mark

Comment

Mark-

any idea why I cannot connect to the Elk by the ethernet? When I save it, it still tries to open com port 192.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Go to your HS/config directory and open elk-m1.ini file.
              Change the following section to:

[Comm]
              Comm_Port=
              Comm_Method=Ethernet
              Ethernet_IP=your ip address of the m1

Mark

Comment

Mark-

I have already changed the .ini file, and when HS starts the Log still shows that HS is trying to connect to the Elk using com port 192.

Steve

Comment

Please send me a copy of your log file after restarting HS.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Mark-

I have sent you a copy of the log

Steve

Comment

I think we have this solved.

Mark

Comment

Mark-

Everything works great!

Thanks for the help

Steve

Comment

dittos

dittos!

Thanks for fixing the problem! everyting is working great now.

-Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X