X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Keypad Not Registering as a Device

Hi Mark;

I have a question on your excellent plugin.

I am running HomeSeer 1.7.44 and Elk Plugin version 2.2.6. I had two keypads with an original Elk install and addressed them 1 & 2. I did the autofind devices and all was well. I could see the two temperatures as devices /1 and /2.

I recently put in the new "blue LCD" keypad and readdressed the keypads so the blue one was address 2. I registered all correctly with the Elk RP software and all keypads work properly. So now I have old keypad as address one, new blue LCD keypad as address two, and another old keypad as address three. Only keypads one and three have temperature readings.

When I went to refind the devices with your plugin it only saw one keypad (/1) and only created one device.

Funny thing is I see the "third" addressed keypad's temperature in the HomeSeer log (as device /3). (There is no temperature on the addressed 2 blue lcd keypad).

I tried everything including editing the Elk.ini file, deleting keypads, rediscovering events, rebooting, etc...

Is there something basic I'm doing wrong? I would like to get the third keypad (device /3) as a HomeSeer device so I can transfer this data to MainLobby.

Thanks,

BSR
    Last edited by BraveSirRobbin; October 1, 2006, 04:47 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

BSR,

I am going to have to do some digging on this one. Let me look at the specs for the blue keypad and contact Elk.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

BSR,

Can you turn advanced debug and debug on, as well as auto-detect devices. Delete the two keypads from your devices and restart. Then send me a copy of the log.

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

Will do Mark. Will take some time though due to schedule. Will send you an email with the results.

Thanks and regards,

BSR
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Working...
        X