Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logging of "Keypad Keypress Change" to log.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging of "Keypad Keypress Change" to log.

Is there an option to turn off logging of the following to the HomeSeer log?
    I did not spot a HomeSeer device for this unless I missed it.

8/2/2007 7:35:06 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None
    8/2/2007 7:35:35 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None
    8/2/2007 7:36:04 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None
    8/2/2007 7:36:34 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None
    8/2/2007 7:37:02 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None
    8/2/2007 7:37:32 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None
    8/2/2007 7:38:00 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None
    8/2/2007 7:38:29 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None

Thanks!
    Brian

this happens to me too... it just hasn't bothered me enough to post about it yet

Comment

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
      this happens to me too... it just hasn't bothered me enough to post about it yet
      DeLicious,

I looked at the code and located where the following HomeSeer log entry is generated:

8/2/2007 7:35:06 PM - Elk-M1 Key - Keypad Keypress Change: None

I added an If statement that allows the log entry only if the value is other than "None" and then recompiled and installed the new dll. The log now tells me when something changes but leaves out all the entries reporting that nothing has changed. This has cleaned up my HomeSeer log considerably.

There may be a better way to accomplish this - when it comes to programming I am definately an amateur.

I wish there was a system in place where ideas for code changes could be submitted and then reviewed by an experienced programmer who would then decide if a change should be incorporated into the official source code for the project. If several people were to start posting source we could, in my opinion, have a major mess on our hands and compromise the integrity of the code. Some efforts have been made in the past to address this problem but as far as I know things are pretty much at a standstill now. Eklee has posted the source containing the many improvements he has made to the code recently (thanks!) and as far as I know the source is current at this time.

Perhaps some folks will chime in on this.

Brian

Comment

HI Brian

The project does need a lead, someone that veryify that the changes work and own the merging of changes into the source tree. I dont have the programming experience and thats why I didnt put my hand up.

Unfortunately I've had to move to the ULTRA plugin as I've moved on from making lots of changes into HS and wanting something stable.. I'm most happy with the ULTRA plugin however it would equally be cool if this project we resurected.

CHeers..Pete
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Hey Brian, thanks for the suggestion. That sounds like it will work... just as newbie questions since I haven't yet delved into the code, what language is the plug-in written in? And what compiler did you use to create the dll? I may want to do this at home, but may not have the correct tools.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
            Hey Brian, thanks for the suggestion. That sounds like it will work... just as newbie questions since I haven't yet delved into the code, what language is the plug-in written in? And what compiler did you use to create the dll? I may want to do this at home, but may not have the correct tools.
            DeLicious,

You are quite welcome.

The plugin is mostly vb.net, I believe a portion is in C#.

I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.

If you don't have the tools, or don't want to fool with it, and that is the only change you are wanting to make, I might could send something to you directly to try. It would be this evening (Central Time) before I could send it. Just let me know if you want to go that route.

Brian

Comment

Working...
            X