This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELK falls offline with Ethernet and bad email

I have been going crazy looking for a reason that my M1G falls offline everytime I set the alarm to stay.

It turned out to be a move I made with my email server. I changed the server and so the IP address changed with the email server and I have the M1G set to send an email everytime it is set.

After I found the email problem I changed the address and it no longer falls offline.

I think some error code could be put into the program to report the error and not kick the entire system offline. I am running HS 2.0 1992 and the Elk 4.3.5 firmware, 3.1.13 boot and .9 hardware

I'm not sure if this is directed at the plug-in or at Elk...

The plug-in should send a message to the log when the connection drops. Something to the effect of Connecting to Elk via IP 192.168.x.x or whatever.

Mark

Comment

For Elk, Panel Drops Offline on Error

When the panel drops off line these are the entries in the logs. I know that it is the Elk dying when it fails on the email server since all the problems went away when I corrected the email server address. This should be easy to duplicate.

The plug in does say looking for 192.168.........

The log in the Elk shows the email firing off then has two unknown commands and it is offline.

I assume it does not have error code to catch the lack of email server. it should report that the server was not found and the email failed with the Elk continuing to be connected and processing.

Comment

Moving to General M1 Discussion as this relates more to the functioning of the M1 than the plug-in.

thanks,

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X