This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 Gold Voices and Homeseer

Can the keypads for the M1Gold serve as a speaker for HS voices througout the house? Here's my dilemna -

We have a whole house audio system, but the previous owner decided to split the Master bedroom suite off the whole house audio, and instead create a separate system for that suite only. There is, however, a security system keypad there and in other places around the house. I would have to replace these if I switch over to the M1, but at least the wiring is there. This separate system means that I can't hear HS announcements in the MB suite via the whole house audio.

My other concern is that I'd rather not leave the amps, etc., driving the whole house audio sytem on all the time, just to hear HS announcements. Seems like it would be a lot of wear and tear on the system.

So... if I purchase the M1 Gold and the 4 or 5 keypads I need, can I use these as speakers to hear HS announcements, or am I confined to only the preprogrammed Elk messages and the 10 or so recordable messages I understand you can add?
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

M1 and Output 1 driving speakers

You will need separate speaker(s) for output1 of the M1. The very small speaker in the keypads are for beeps and burps. I suggest a wall or ceiling mount speaker at least 10 watts or larger. We are working on a speaker that will mount behind the keypad, but that is a few months away and it needs an extra pair of wires.

Use a DPDT (double pole double throw) relay to switch the speaker away from the stereo system to the M1 if you want to play music through it. There is an Event that fires whenever the M1's audio amplifier turns on. Write a RULE in the M1 to switch a DPDT relay. This would switch the speaker to the M1's Output 1 for voice and siren.

Comment

Working...
    X