Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

(resolved) small issues, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (resolved) small issues, need help

i am trying out the emotion system, however in arriving at my house i noticed that i wasnt greeted, just that the emotion announced the door had been opened, in looking it had announced me before i had arrived inside the house. see below

6/25/2012 3:35:53 PM:Speak: I, notice that Zac, is somewhere at The House. I am in high spirits now

6/25/2012 3:37:04 PM:Speak: I have noticed that the Front Door has opened. This makes me Involved

how do i fix this? im guessing the blutooth is being picked up before the inside or outside sensors are tripping.

oddly it then said this like 10 mins after we both walked in :

6/25/2012 3:58:41 PM:Speak: Hi vaine and Zac. Welcome to The House. I am Energized that you are here.
    Last edited by Emotion; July 4th, 2012, 01:07 PM.
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

It looks as though your outside door sensor isn't being triggered.

Entrances can have three sensors configured in Emotion (inside, door, outside), but only two are needed to detect the direction in or out that people are going.

If an entrance is marked as a visitor entrance, it is important for one of these two sensors to be an outside sensor. The door sensor is obviously being triggered in your case from "the front door has opened", however, this message is usually never heard and only occurs if the door is left open.

Comment

Working...
    X