This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Value Issue

After resistering several fingerprints, I can no longer select a registered name for device value within the event trigger. The trigger value for existing events now shows up as a number. The number seems to correspond to the order of registered fingerprints. I am running with ver 1.4

We did notice a problem where the event trigger setup page shows a number for the device value, rather than text like “user1” or “invalid”. It is displayed correctly for one of the devices, but not all. The workaround is to select the device that displays the value correctly, select the value you wish to trigger on, and then select the device you really want to use. We will contact HomeSeer and determine if this is a know HomeSeer problem or if we are doing something wrong in the plugin.

Are you using multiple readers?

Comment

I only have one sensor attached at this point. I have registered names like "XXXX Index Finger", "XXXX Pointer Finger".

Yes, I noticed if I used the numeric value the trigger still works.

Comment

Does it display names or values on the Homeeer status page? After a valid match does it show "XXXX Index Finger"?

Comment

The status field on the device status page displays the correct match, "XXXX" so it seems to be stored correctly. Are you losing the device / value pairs?

Comment

We think HomeSeer is losing the device / value pairs, at least on the event trigger page. When we report status, we report the value and HomeSeer uses the previously loaded device / value pair to get the display text. Our plugin does not do any special processing for the event trigger page, so we believe HomeSeer should be doing the same device / value lookup that it is doing to display the status.

Comment

Working...
            X