This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord via Wireless

Sorry if this message is slightly off topic.. Anyone have any luck or ideas for either cabling to a concord via something other than a direct cable (i.e. powerline, etc) or accessing the concord via the RF module? My main box is not easily reachable via wireless.

concord connection

To connect the concord panel to homeseer and use piperpilots early beta plugin requires the ge automation module connected to the panel. This module connects to homeseer using a straight through serial cable. Serial signals can also travel quite far over cat5e with the proper adapters, with no need for an IP based solution. There are a number of serial port modules which are accessible over IP (recently 4 port quatech devices are cheap on ebay, search the forum and there is a thread discussing this device). I would think that this would give you the option to use any RELIABLE IP connection. This could theoretically be via PLC device or wireless if cabling with CAT5 or better is not feasible. Personally, I don't fully trust wireless b/g as a reliable connection as it can be interfered with so easily in urban environments.

Cheers
    Alan

Comment

Working...
    X