This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation of Automation Module

Hey guys, finally got around to ordering my automation module so I can put it in and set this plugin up and wanted to have some of you who have done this before double check me and make sure my install plan is correct.

1. Turn off power to the alarm panel, it is connected to power in the attic so I am going to pull that.
    2. Unplug battery and insure that nothing is still powered
    3. Connect the new 4-22 wire that I ran to the +12V, Bus A, Bus B and GND terminals on the main panel
    4. Connect the same wires to the corresponding terminals on the Automation Module
    5. Hook up the automation module to my Quatech serial server
    6. Plug in the alarm power and hook up the battery
    7. Enable the plugin in HS and test communications

Am I missing anything or is there a better order to do this?

I am not that experienced with alarm setup and installations, so I am looking to the Collective for a little help and direction!

Looks right to me. The Automation module is pretty passive in the system and doesn't really require configuration. You will need to make sure that you have homeseer ready and get communication running quickly as if you don't, the panel will start complaining.

Comment

OK, so I already have the plugin installed so when I get ready to wire this up I will go ahead and enable the plugin so that I can have it start communicating as soon as the module comes online.

Thanks for the heads up Piperpilot!

Comment

concord 4 and homeseer

Hey Chewie,

I have a question for you. I would like to use homeseer software to manage my concord 4 alarm system. I already installed the Automation module.

Can you share your experience with using homeseer for your concord 4 system? What do i need to get it implemented?

Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by aagamb12 View Post
          Hey Chewie,

I have a question for you. I would like to use homeseer software to manage my concord 4 alarm system. I already installed the Automation module.

Can you share your experience with using homeseer for your concord 4 system? What do i need to get it implemented?

Thank you for your advice.
          Looks like you resurected an old thread. What can I help you with? There is an excellent doc file that while covers the HS2 plugin, can be also used for the HS3 plugin. What questions did you have specifically that we can answer?

Matt M

Comment

Working...
          X