Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i have 1 extra sensor... weird thing is i bought a sensor and 12 batteries... it wasnt the sensor that was the issue..

I forgot to reply but I ended up factory resetting the alarm then learned it all back in... so was a weird one..

oh i also got the batteries...used 1/2 of them.. got them from ebay..

while radio shack wants $20 each.. i got 15 or 15 for $15 shipped!!!!!

err something like that.. now i just need the 1/2 AA sized alarm batteries... got a motion sensor im not using...

p.s. Matt arent you supposed to be codeing?!?!?!?! dont worry bout the HW... we need a beta for hs3.. cmon!!!!!!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Hmmm, now I have one (NX-650) that is faulting every hour for 1 sec. This is the one I tested the other sensors battery. Go figure.

I will probably try unlearn/relearn this sensor first and then swpping with a new but holding on to it in case it is the reset alarm issue???

Just some sensor troubles, oh well. I got a box of 10 I bought from fleaBay awhile back.

~And no, I'm not coding right now but conversing. Trying to setup a new test server for HS3 coding but now I see Windows 8 isn't supported. Argg... got to get a copy of Win7 to put on it. Hopefully it works with 64 bit!

Matt

Comment

first im just joking bout the coding.. hah..

seriously hope you can figure out your issue on the device.. i know I HAD to reset... sucks too.. but oh well

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
          Trying to setup a new test server for HS3 coding but now I see Windows 8 isn't supported. Argg... got to get a copy of Win7 to put on it. Hopefully it works with 64 bit!

Matt
          I'm running HS3 with Win 8 , 64 bit just fine..
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

~Excellent news on the Windows 8 64bit. I said heck with it and going that route. Thanks for the info.

~Yeah, looking at a few more sensors logs, I see a few are giving me that second fault. I would have never looked until rereading your posts. How did you reset Alarm... from scratch and learn learn all sensors again? Arrgg... thats a pain but better than keep replacing sensors that are good. Maybe I'll remove/relearn same sensor as a try?

~Yeah, np on the coding... it'll get done.

Thanks, Matt

Comment

took me some thinking if i really want to put this online.. but heck why not..

it took me a LONG time to figure out how to reset the alarm due to my issue...
              it wasnt easily found on the web...

so here goes.. and be patient and you can screw up your system... i have done this twice now... and yes will reset and u need to learn everything back..

i did it due to 1 sensor doing what yours did and i also lost my master code so reset twice...

it is really simple..

1. unplug battery backup
              2. unplug AC power
              3. scary part - find the prom on the board... use a flathead and pop it out
              *** TAKE A PIC so you can have it for reference later
              4. let sit for 5 minutes
              5. put prom back in
              6. add AC Power
              7. plugin battery backup

now few things...
              1. there maybe a better way but this has worked for me twice
              2. maybe a better way to put battery and ac power back on but this is how i did it

enjoy... and good luck!
              ~Jeff

Comment

OK. Thanks.

I have an EPROM tool which should make life easier if I have to go that route. You probably already tried but I'm wondering if removal of sensor and relearn would help?

Strange this does this at all. I test a few things out before I go that route.
                Thanks, Matt

Comment

no prob man...
                  i tried everything b4 doing the wipe...
                  dont know why the remove eprom worked...

it is a small chip just dont bend the pins so they go back in nice..

good luck! let us know

Comment

OK. Well after more research I found this interesting article. The ones that fail for me are they grey capacitor and I'm replacing with blue ones.

My system/sensors 5/2/02 are a little older as it is a Concord Ultra.

1. I wonder if GE would honor the recall still?
                    2. Maybe I'll just get/resolder some new caps from Digikey and fix the older ones?
                    3. Just replace as they go bad... battery runs out.

*Tidbit I didn't know about is from the panel, 8+MasterCode+8 will let you see the history from the panel. I wonder if we could add that function?

Matt
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X