This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC/PAL test version

For those that use both NTSC and PAL cameras there is a test version posted to my web site. Go to the installation page and at the bottom is info regarding this test version. I might just leave it this way if it solves our problems. Besides it quite a bit faster since I don't keep loading and unloading the capture from and you won't miss the audio squeal when the capture form loads.

Here's hoping this works.

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan

Bryan

I have just installed the 1.0.0.12 exe and noticed some key differences. The camera setting tab now states the interface explicitly which is a bonus. Unfortunately CPU utilisation is through the roof and severely impacting other homeseer activities such as MR26 operation and TTS. I am using the camera.asp page to test the capture and keep getting an HSPI Capture message saying 'No camera has been selected to capture from'. OK'ing this then processes an image taken with the default camera settings (which in my case is a PAL cam on composite 1).

Let me know if there is any other info you need.

Regards

Dave

Comment

My CPU utilization is nil with plugin v.12 running Win2k, PIII 450, 128MB Ram, and WinTV USB.
      I am very impressed with performance!

I am seeing the same thing when using the camera.asp page (the dialog popup).

As per my other post, all my images are being stored in the default directory as opposed to their respective defined directories.

Bottom two render the plugin useless, but I assume is something that can easily be fixed so I am hoping to see a new version shortly. I was hoping to show off the cams today at work!

Jay Fro

Comment

I have just posted version 1.0.0.13 - Maybe 13 is the lucky number. I fixed the timing problems and the problem with no camera selected (was some debug code I missed removing). This version does not require resetting camera configs but if you had your inital delay set to anything less then 1000 ms (1 second) for a any cameras you will have problems. The config form forces a minimum of 1000 ms. It takes a while for the OCX to connect to the drivers and my testing indicates about 1 second will do it fine. Besides X10 cam folks need at least that when changing cameras.

Dave - about the CPU utilization - it shouldn't be much different than before, in fact it should be a little less because the capture form is constantly reloading.

Jay - I checked the storing of images in different folders and it does work on my system with version 1.0.0.13. Maybe others can try to store different cameras in seperate folders and post results.

Response I received from Hauppauge support request:
        BTW: there is a problem with the VideoFormat method in the WinTV OCX, NTSC and PAL "constants" are backwards. WinTV and the Channel OCX do it right.

So based on that response from Hauppauge, this version might not work with PAL/NTSC switching. I asked them to provide me with the list of values for formats.

Bryan

[This message was edited by BMMS on Monday, 10 February 2003 at 11:40 AM.]

[This message was edited by BMMS on Monday, 10 February 2003 at 11:42 AM.]
        Bryan

Comment

Bryan,

I realised after the post that I only had 1.0.08 loaded when I applied the 1.0.0.12 update. I have refreshed to 1.0.0.11 and applied .13 which appears to fix the CPU utilisation and eveything appears to be working. I have now started to integrate the script processing into the DooMotion plugin and it appears to work a treat.

Regards

Dave

[This message was edited by Dave Leask on Monday, 10 February 2003 at 12:53 PM.]

Comment

I know - I know - it's about time.

Great to hear it's working. I'm a bit surprised given the response I got from Hauppauge. I did notice a conflict between the OCX docs and what the OCX stated for NTSC/PAL values. It looks like I guessed correctly and used the right values.

Thanks for your patience Dave. It was kind of like shooting mosquitoes with a machine gun (in the dark) - if you know what I mean.

Let me know how it goes.

Bryan
            Bryan

Comment

Bryan,

Just went from v1.0.0.11 to v1.0.0.13. Now capturing fine without any crossbar errors, both from CapPreview and calling the MotionDetected method.

CPU utilisation nil.
              Thumbnails working ok.

Looking good.

Right, now to really start playing.
              Presumably the (min) 1 sec delay is only for the initial connect to the drivers. Will setting a value less than 1 sec be OK as the delay between images on the General tab.

Thanks,
              JimBob

Comment

.13, now have folders working again (thumbs) and after swearing because I lost all video from all cameras, I found out my 2 year old changed the channel modulator from 3 to 4. Now that it is back on 3.. I even have pictures again!

Looking good!

Jay Fro

Comment

There is really is no minimum delay between the images. That being said, it should be long enough for a VB timer event to fire and be caught. The Min I've used is 100ms with no problems but I usually leave it at between 800-1000 ms.

I know Jay, 2 year olds can be a real bundle of joy some days can't they!

Bryan
                  Bryan

Comment

Working...
                  X