Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one camera assigned to 2 security zones?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one camera assigned to 2 security zones?

Can I do this? I need one motion sensor to cover my driveway and another at the front door. If either one senses motion I want the same camera to snap a picture. If motion at front door, I want 2 quick snaps as it is someone leaving the house. If motion in driveway, I want more snaps to catch them walking up to the door. Is this possible? Thanks for a great plug-in. Richard

[This message was edited by rvgara on Sun, 23 March 2003 at 08:34 PM.]

[This message was edited by rvgara on Mon, 24 March 2003 at 07:20 PM.]

One camera can be assigned to multiple security zones with no problem but with what you want to accomplish would be very tough, if not impossible with the way the plugin currently works.

The number of images snapped is not controllable for each camera - only for the installation. That doesn't mean you can't do it though.

First, reviewing your previous posts, you are modulating your camera's on different channels - right? Well if that is the case, define a camera for the front door and one for the driveway but have them both set for the same channel - both devices are really the same physical camera.

Next, if you look at the documentation for the SwitchCamera function, you will notice that a HS global variable is set to the name of the last camera activated. Create a post capture event (General tab in CapConfig) to execute this script (script should work but I didn't test it):

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">sub main
    dim LastCam, ImagesToTake

ImagesToTake = 8 ' number images you want to take

' if the last cam was the driveway camera take X snaps for the last used camera
    ' for this to work - DO NOT specify the camera to use for the TakePicture function
    ' or an endless loop will occur snapping pictures forever (the reason for "" for camera name
    ' in funtion call). If the camera name is null, the pre/post script/events are not execued.

' get last used camera name
    LastCam = hs.getvar("HauppaugeCaptureCamera")

if LastCam = "Driveway Camera" then
    ' wait for current plugin activity to complete
    do while hs.Plugin("Hauppauge Capture").CaptureStatus &gt; 0
    hs.waitsecs 1
    loop
    hs.Plugin("Hauppauge Capture").TakePicture "", ImagesToTake
    end if

end sub</pre>

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

[This message was edited by BMMS on Mon, 24 March 2003 at 09:12 PM.]

[This message was edited by BMMS on Mon, 24 March 2003 at 09:13 PM.]