This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is "main alarm"

Please help. Can't make plug-in work. Using USB Hauppauge card and one camera (not X10) modulated on channel 55 onto my cable. I see the camera fine in WinTV and CapPreview. Motion sensor MS13a at front door where the camera is. I want to snap pics when the MS13 sends an on command. On help page I see this: "When main alarm is armed and security zone is armed the plug-in will snap pictures" I don't see a "main alarm" in device view. Is this the problem? The log shows errors 1) unexpected error in the tabCameras function 381-subscript out of range
    2) script error-script engine for the specified plug-in cannot be created. Thanks for any help Richard

It sounds like you haven't created any security zones. In the CapConfig screen on the first tab (Security Zones) you should see your motion sensor(s) in the Available Security Zones list assuming you have indicated the proper string used to identify the motion sensor device type (on the General tab). You have to create a Active Security Zone using the Security Zones tab - then on the Camera Assignments assign it a camera.

The subscript out of range error is caused by not having any cameras defined in the plugin.

The main alarm is under the location "Hauppauge Capture" in the HS device list. See the Configuration setup in the on-line help or at my web site. Make sure you read and follow the setup for each of the four tabs.

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

[This message was edited by BMMS on Thu, 20 March 2003 at 07:02 PM.]
    Bryan

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BMMS:
      It sounds like you haven't created any security zones. In the CapConfig screen on the first tab (Security Zones) you should see your motion sensor(s) in the Available Security Zones list assuming you have indicated the proper string used to identify the motion sensor device type (on the General tab). You have to create a Active Security Zone using the Security Zones tab - then on the Camera Assignments assign it a camera.

The subscript out of range error is caused by not having any cameras defined in the plugin.

The main alarm is under the location "Hauppauge Capture" in the HS device list. See the Configuration setup in the on-line help or at http://users.accesscomm.ca/bstein/Configuration.htm. Make sure you read and follow the setup for each of the four tabs.

Bryan

[This message was edited by BMMS on Thu, 20 March 2003 at 07:02 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, in the security zones tab I have listed 2 active security zones, both corresponding to the motion sensors that use the "MS" string I entered on the general tab.

Then on the camera zone tab, I have my front door cam listed as an available camera, and I assigned it to the "front door alarm" security zone.

I have deleted the ini file and set this up multiple times, and all goes according to the installation directions, but I still get the errors. The motion sensor has "MS" in the device type and my cam has "camera" as device type. However, I do not have a "main alarm" in my device list. The only devices in Location Hauppauge are the 2 motion sensors I defined. My camera is defined as code=x1 and type=camera. Thanks for helping. Richard

Comment

I did notice something. I have 2 active security zones listed in the security zones tab. They are "front door alarm" and "backyard alarm". When I click on Camera Zone Assignments tab, I only have one of these zones listed in the table on the left. And I have my choice of both available cameras on the right. And I have assigned a camera to the only listed security zone. But it's when I click on this Cam zone assignments tab that the error pops up in the homeseer log. I'm frustrated, as I really want this to work. AND I still have no "MAIN ALARM" and the help file says this should automatically be created. I even just installed the 1.1.11 update and same errors and no Main Alarm.

Comment

When only one zone is in the camera assignments that tells me that something went wrong when the plugin was initialized for the first time and the Main Alarm device did not get created. You mentioned you deleted the ini file a couple of times. Question - when you deleted the ini file did you also delete all the "Hauppauge Capture" devices (security zones) then restart HS.

Try it again
          - delete all the devices listed for Location "Hauppauge Capture" in HS
          - exit HS
          - delete the hspi_Hauppauge_Capture.ini file
          - restart HS
          - open up the CapConfig screen (You'll be told the MS identifer needs to be set up)
          - enter the MS identifier on the General tab
          - click on the Camera Device type field and wait a few seconds - they will appear in the drop down
          - select your device type for cameras (camera in your case)
          - now when you go into the Security Zone tab, you should see the Main Alarm in the Active Security Zones list.
          - add security zones based on your motions sensors
          - assign camera's to the Active Security Zones
          - set up cameras as required (for your tuner / composite etc)
          - check on the general tab to make sure the number of images to take etc are set to what you want.

I just followed these steps exactly and in my HS log I got this:
          <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">03/20/03 8:49:51 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~HSPI Capture - register callback complete.
          03/20/03 8:49:51 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~HSPI Capture Version: 1.1.10 - initializing I/O
          03/20/03 8:49:52 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Debug Level 2~!~Got new device house code [
          03/20/03 8:49:52 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~Added Default Camera Settings</pre>

Bryan
          Bryan

Comment

Well, I,m making progress. I followed your instruction and the "main alarm" was created. It also shows both security zones and I assigned cameras to them. And I got the same logs as you did. Now I only get an error when I try to execute a one-liner event. The error is "Script error in file:hs.plugin error:A script engine for the specified language cannot be created."

The motion detector is C1, and it's name is "front door motion sensor". The event triggers on C1 on, and has a one liner: hs.plugin("Hauppauge capture").MotionDetected("front door motion sensor") That's it. Cappreview works and shows the camera image, and I set up the camera in the WinTV settins tab to tuner and channel 55 which is what the cam is modulated on.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

I feel dumb. I did not know that a one-line script had to be preceeded by the & sign. I added that to my script line, and I'm really moving now, with one exception. I've set the cam to take 10 snaps 800 ms apart. However, it only takes one picture (which looks great). Then error in log states "unexpected error occured in the takepicture() function/subroutine [429-activex component cannot create object] Any ideas for me, Bryan? Thank you, Richard

also getting "camera image taking process is still busy (status 7 set at time/date snap request for camera front door"

[This message was edited by rvgara on Fri, 21 March 2003 at 07:51 PM.]

Comment

The error is being generated because the image utility dll didn't get registered properly. For some unknown reason, the updater doesn't always register components correctly. To do the registeration manually do the following:<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Open a command prompt (DOS box)<LI>change the working directory to C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\ThumbAsp\<LI>Enter the command Regsvr32 SImageUtil.dll[/list]The Activex error will go away.

The still busy problem is because of the same error - it was trying to put the date/time stamp on the image that is what status 7 is.

Bryan
                Bryan

Comment

It's perfect now. Richard

Comment

I had the same problem after re-configuring some cameras and motion sensors.

After following the delete instructions, I am back and running.

May be a good place to add some error checking in your code since it has happened to more than one person.

Thanks

Jay Fro

Current Setup:
                    Homeseer
                    v.1.6.66 (updated 3/31/03)
                    Homeseer Phone
                    v.2.0.91 (updated 4/01/03)
                    Win2K Server
                    PIII 450mhz, 1GB Ram (unfortunately my Mother Board only recognizes 256mb of it)
                    MR26A
                    Hauppauge USB
                    Hauppauge Capture Plugin
                    Way2Call USB
                    Interface v. 1.08.25 (Updated 3/12/03)
                    Wave v. 1.08.25 (updated 3/12/03)
                    Driver v. 2.00.36
                    Firmware v. 4.51.03

Comment

Which issue from the previous posts did you encounter - there are a number of them? As far as the Main Alarm not being present I can put in a check to make sure it is present when the plugin initializes - right now it assums the main alarm is present as it is created on very first the plugin is run.

Bryan
                      Bryan

Comment

The main alarm issue.

Working good for me now though.

Jay Fro

Current Setup:
                        Homeseer
                        v.1.6.66 (updated 3/31/03)
                        Homeseer Phone
                        v.2.0.91 (updated 4/01/03)
                        Win2K Server
                        PIII 450mhz, 1GB Ram (unfortunately my Mother Board only recognizes 256mb of it)
                        MR26A
                        Hauppauge USB
                        Hauppauge Capture Plugin
                        Way2Call USB
                        Interface v. 1.08.25 (Updated 3/12/03)
                        Wave v. 1.08.25 (updated 3/12/03)
                        Driver v. 2.00.36
                        Firmware v. 4.51.03

Comment

Main Alarm initializes for me when I install the plugin but I have no other security zones nor can I create them from the instructions listed above. I cannot even use Main Alarm as a security zone. I have Main Alarm listed as an Active security zone and I have a device installed named Testa MS in the Testa location as a Motion Sensor device type. I could then create cameras as virtual devices and use just one camera. In the Camera Assignment tab, I had just the header of the table listed which I could highlight and assign a camera to. That is how I got it working without a defined security zone. I need to get 2 maybe 3 cameras working.

I am also experiencing a problem with the ImpactVCB board in both homeseer and the WinTV application in that regards. I can only use the 2nd from the top connector and the second from the bottom connector. The two connectors map out to EXT1 and EXT in WinTV and AUX 1 and 2 in homeseer. Ever see this type of problem?

BTW, my machine is a P3 running Windows 2000 SP4 on a VIA chipset and 300~MB Memory (shared video).

Comment

Security Zones

They are created when you supply the character string of the motion detectors you are trying to use to trip the captures.

If you have the MS13 devices, just enter "MS" in the string to look for. I am not on my HS machine right now but if my memory serves me right, it is in the third tab when you select the capture config page.

For mine, I have "MS","PR" since I have both MS13 and PR511 as capture motion detectors.

Another thing to try is instead of taking multiple single captures each time, is to take 1 capture, AND an AVI lasting 30-60 seconds. I take a single shot and a 60 second AVI every time. That way I can take a quick look at the reason for the capture trip, then if necessary, watch a 60 second movie to see what happened after that. Nice to watch a UPS truck trip and then check the movie to see where they put a package. Take a visit to my site to see it in action. That is if anything but the deer are tripping the captures.

Comment

Working...
                            X